1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Bass Preamp DI - Rare? Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Baird6869, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Just curious as to why this $239 item is selling for so much used.:confused:

I just sold one on eBay for $295USD and one went last week for over $300.

I know they were backordered, but are they that hard to find? Are they disco'ed?

BTW... I have 2 Sadowskys, so I didn't really need a stomp box version of what is already in my basses!

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They've been backordered for so long that people are going insane and paying more. You'll see the same thing with certain Analogman effects, where they sell 'used' for more than the cost 'new' for the benefit of not having to wait however long.

3. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    sweet maybe i should make some money =p

4. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    It's funny, I've got the "classic" Sadowsky outboard pre w/o DI--y'know the 'ol belt-clip intended one. I had a discussion with a guy at a boutique store the other day, and he was saying "oh yeah, those sound better than even the newer DI version". Maybe I should try and sell it for some crazy price on those grounds . . . .;)

(Actually, I'd never sell it---one of the best purchases I've ever made . . .)