Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky bass though second Sadowsky pre-amp.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spike, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Been experimenting a bit after landing a regular gig at a fairly large venue that supplies all the backline. The house bass amp is a Warwick 150 w single 15 speaker combo with a line out to the PA.
    The bass stage sound is very low and almost impossible to hear above the drummer and our two guitarists.
    Everything is on fold back except the bass. (well it’s only bass, so why does it matter, Lol.) Was told that out front the bass sound is perfectly adequate, but no help to me from where I’m standing. No room on stage to use my own gear, so I am stuck with it.

After a couple of nights of nights wondering if I could carry on with hardly hearing what I was playing, out of desperation, I put my Sadowsky Standard 4 through my second Sadowsky stand alone pre-amp. Very little boost on the EQ, but volume up full on both. It made quite a lot of difference and I can now hear my notes a lot clearer.
    I know it sounds a bit like over kill, and also it goes against all the rules, but it seems to work for me.

Anyone else tried anything like this?

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I always gig with either a Sadowsky bass or one of my others through his di pedal. If I'm using one of his basses, I use the di only. If I'm not using one of his basses, I run the bass passive through his di with the preamp on. I never use a Sadowsky bass through his di with both pre's on. Make no real sense to me. I'd consider some in ear monitors and asking the soundman for an aux. out so you can monitor yourself. Works for me in my situation. I many nights don't use an amp at all!! Best of luck

Rob