1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HG1180, Apr 3, 2020.

1. So I’ve heard a lot of talk on talkbass about Sadowsky Basses and, I don’t quite understand the hype, I’ve picked up quite a few Sadowsky Basses, mainly Metros, and they just seemed ok at best. Could someone explain why Sadowskys are talked about and regarded so highly on talkbass?

TrevorG likes this.
  2. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Going to watch this thread. Tried a few myself and, while clearly well made with a nice sound, I came to a similar conclusion. Nice basses with a BIG price tag.

HG1180 likes this.
  3. Basta-bass

Basta-bass

Feb 26, 2020
    Paris (France)
    IMHO
    If you actually tried Sadowskys and couldn't see why they're so praised, I'm not sure of what I could say to you to make you understand...
    The feel? The overall quality?
    The clear sound of the low B?
    The cristal of the harmonics?
    Maybe you're accustomed to top top basses and only play alembics, foderas or Fs...
    But coming from Fender world, it's a great improvement.
    Not that Fenders ain't good!
    But you have to try 10 to find the one that sounds! Some are excellent and some are crap!
    Sadowskys are always top!
    Well, that's my feeling about it...
    YMTO.

HeavyJazz likes this.
  4. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    I have 2 dealers that have Sadowsky's hanging on the wall. Both metros and NYCs.
    For me their 5 string offerings are just awful. Neck way wider than they need to be and weight that made no sense. Fender out did them in style and playability. And a 5 string Fender pro is less than a Quarter of the price of a NYC. I mention fivers because I only play real basses.

5. k0brakai

k0brakai

Oct 14, 2018
    Quebec, Canada
    First Time I played a Sadowsky in a store on a regular amp, I was not impressed. Then I got to spend some time with one for a recording. I used that same bass for a live gig. Bought a Sadowsky 2 weeks afterwards and it’s my main bass since then. It’s sturdy, extremely well made, stays in tune... I mean my bass is 4 years old and I have never heard a single crackling pot and I play with it almost every day. I think you need to put it in context to get what a Sadowsky bass really is. Mine is a Japanese Metro.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021