Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Fila, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Does anybody out there know who supplys Sadowskys necks and bodies? Is it Warmoth or USA Custom or some company I haven't even heard of?
    Thanks to all.

2. i'm pretty sure sadowsky make their own basses!

3. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    The bodies and necks are subbed out. When he gets them in they get fitted to each other and then go through what i assume to be a very rigorous final stage/s of tweaking, etc.
    I'm just wondering who the actual sub-contractor is.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Sub-Contractors that Sadowsky uses do not sell to the public & wish to remain anonymous. :)

5. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Understandable, but still wondering.

6. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Warmoth does a lot of vendor work as well. Per an
    ex-employee I learned that Warmoth will leave their logos, etc. off their products for a nice fee (I assume US works the same way).

KT

7. Anybody know where to get Sadowsky's the cheapest? Or is www.Sadowsky.com it?

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    "Dat's it!" You wanna play, you gotta pay!!

:D ;)

9. Sadowsky stuff is NOT from USACG or Warmoth. As has been mentioned, Sadowky's suppliers don't have retail outfits, and thus don't sell to the general public.

10. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Fender :D

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Wishy!!! :bag:

12. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Sorry Funky..., Sadowsky indeed is using US Custom. Being a busy musician in this area I tend to run into ex-vendor employees a few times a year who don't mind shareing tid bits about how buisness is done in the US and Warmoth shops. The folk have nothing negative to say about the Warmoth family or their products, nor do they have negative things to say about US Custom's work; Matter of fact It's quite the opposite. The insight is fasinating and helps me understand better why Roger Sadowsky and Mike Lull use these particular vendors -THEY DO EXCELLECT WORK!!! I'm very happy with my Warmoth bass for that exact same reason. If it weren't for me having this direct knowledge I can't say I'd have level of confidence in their products that I do.
    Funky..., drop me a PM and I'll put you in direct contact with folks who can give you details, even down to how they apply the finish (a VERY cool process by the way!!).

Thanks,

KT

13. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    :ninja: Not again!!! There hasn't been a Sadowsky is actually Warmoth/US Custom stuff for a long time.....

14. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    I have to admit that I was surprised to learn that Sadowsky
    out sources their bodies.

15. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Unfortunately, you have been misinformed. :)

16. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    This is absolutely false. I have never done any business with USA Custom. My suppliers are domestic, sell to only a few accounts, and are not available to the public for any of their products.

It always amazes me how much misinformation goes around by people who are certain they know the truth.

Roger Sadowsky

17. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Well, you know you're doing Ok when you're the talk of the town (so to speak). I was just being curious and I certainly did'nt intend to take anything away from what Sadowsky does.
    i think that he can explain his process much better than I can at this link:

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Roger,

Thank you for the clarification.

It get's frustrating when you have two people arguing about something, and they both "know" the truth.

-Mike

19. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    There was no argument. :) I work at Sadowsky guitars so I know the necks & bodies do not come from USACG. :)

20. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    No problem.

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.