1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Black Label Nickel 40-100...no more?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mmbongo, Jan 2, 2018.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Did you use these? Seems as they are no longer being offered, so what did you replace them with?

I bought a bunch when Bass Strings Online had them on blowout (my first clue that they are no longer made!) and really really like them on my 4 strings.

I'll probably just have to try a bunch to see, and I suppose LaBella is the first obvious choice but just wondered if someone had already done the legwork :)

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Black label light gauge strings discontinued

Black label flats as well

mmbongo likes this.
  3. ajn

ajn

Sep 3, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    I bought a set of these Sadowsky Bright Nickels back when BSO was blowing them out and just finally got around to putting them on my Jazz bass. I am a committed flatwound player, but I have to say I really like these strings, and am a bit bummed I didn't stock up on them at the time. I find them surprisingly smooth for a roundwound, and not very noisy at all. And I like the light guage.

So I guess I want to re-ask mmbongo's question, to those who are familiar with these strings, about what, if any, currently available nickels might be close to these in feel and sound. In the past I've tried Dunlop Super Brights, Bass Boomers and D'Addario EXLs, and haven't particularly liked any of those. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
  5. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Different formula

6. Bardolphus