Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky body #212 is out of spray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tombowlus, May 25, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Okay, as my bass is three numbers higher than Munji's, I guess I'm just a few clicks behind! Here is the latest shot from Kevin of my 25th Anniversary 24 Fret 5 String:

[​IMG]

And here is a shot that he sent me earlier of the same body:

[​IMG]

The grain on mine is not as dramatic as Munji's, but I like the somewhat understated look, and the flaming is very nice. Of course, I love Munji's #209, as well! I will have an ebony fingerboard with abalone dots, black hardware, and the controls wired vol/vol, instead of vol/blend.

Later, Tom.

2. Wha...

Munji got #209. :(

Now, you got #212. :crying:

EVERYONE'S GETTING A SADOWSKY BUT ME!!! :bawl:

:D

Just like Munji's yours is going to look killer with an ebony board!

Good luck with her.

Mike ;)

3. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
  4. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    The beauty of that top beings tears of joy to my eyes! Simply breathtaking. So elegant and classy. Congrats!

5. Nope...sorry....don't like it...

I LOVE IT!!!!

CONGRATS!

6. man tom, between this and the skjold, pretty soon you'll have more basses then cab's

not that thats bad thing, it looks killer

7. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I'd need to pick up a lot more basses for that to be the case! :p

Thanks for all the kind comments, people! It helps to maintain the excitement level while I wait on my first Sadowsky! :D

Tom.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Beautimous! Let's see whose gets done first. Mine just came back a couple days ago.

9. WOW!! That is beautiful....makes me REALLY wish I had bought one of those or AJ's when I had the chance!!! I guess I'll just have to look at everybody elses until mine gets back to the shop!! Congrats to both of you guys!

Peace,

T

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I'm thinking that you are going to beat me on this one! But we ought to be on close to the same schedule. Your bass is looking very striking! Nice, nice, nice!

A mahogany-bodied Sadowsky...

Definitely a dream come true! :hyper:

Tom.

11. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Y'know Tom, you are even more of a gearhead than I am. BUT, today I did something radical. I bought a new American Tele 3-color sunburst, and an NOS Blues Jr. amp, tweed with Jensen. I'm going to play me a little G*****.

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Wow, great! I picked up a DeArmond Les Paul style guitar back when they were getting blown out (it's actually a pretty decent instrument for the money), but my skills on the skinny strings are pathetic! I do like Tele's (and sunburst finishes), and a NOS Blues, Jr. is a great amp, especially with the Jensen. The lead guitar player in my original band has one.

About the only "rhythm guitar" that I play right now is whatever comes out of my Akai UniBass. :p

Have fun with your little toy, but don't fall for the lure of the Dark Side! :ninja:

13. You bought my favorite guitar in my favorite color.

I always knew you were a good guy, Munji. :D

The switch in the middle position is the electric tone IMHO.

Mike ;)

14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I had a hankering for skinny strings a while back and was running a 335 sunburst thru a Reverend Tube Combo, Man did that thing Sing, and I'm not a bad player, but I know too many Geniuses on that instrument. I still kept my Martin ! Congrats Tom, I can't till you bring that up to LDS and let me ogle!
    :D

15. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Hey, I'm a bass player, so I don't even know what in the hell you guys are talking about. I do know that that guitar played through that amp sounded really good over at GC, and my buddy Mr. "I'd say you've had enough beans" Taggart (real name Jon S.) cut me a bodacious deal on the package. Father's day is coming up you know, and since I have a daughter, I'm eligible for gifts. I'll figure out how to play it somehow.

16. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I wish I could've seen that body before finishing. wonder how much of the figure comes through with the finish.

17. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Here is the body I picked two weeks ago for my 24-5. It will look almost identical to serial #4005 (see that pic too).

Unless, I have Roger build me a CUSTOM MM/J pickup 24-5. Then I will have to order a 3A quilt like this one to be custom routed. THe color is :Thin Banned 59' Burst:

What do you think?

[​IMG]

EIther will look like this when done
    [​IMG]

18. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    where are the pics? and a Sadowsky MM/J? that would be hot

19. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I am going to talk to Roger on Tuesday about possibly doing an MM/J 24-5. If I do it then this body (above) will not go to spray.

BUT, I will pick a body and top just like it for the MM/J 24-5 Sadowsky.

I will let you know.

MIke W.