Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basss, Jul 10, 2004.

1. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I need a bridge for a bass I'm putting together. I like the look of the one sadowsky uses.
    Like this one
    Does anyone know what kind of brdge this is and where I can buy one? I need a chrome 5 string bridge with 18mm spacing.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    By the way, those are both top loaded bridges. If you want a string thru bridge, you might also e-mail someone at sadowsky and ask what kind of bridge that is.

4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I've actually seen both of these. I know I'm being a bit picky but the first bridge has the string groove off to the side of the barrell instead of in the center which means that it will have to be mounted slightly off-center. I think that will look wierd. The second bridge doesn't cover the string ball ends at the back plate. I know these are minor cosmetic details but for such a common design there has to be something out there that gets it right.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    E-mailing sadowsky would probably b your best bet, then. They SHOULD be able to tell you who makes them, whether you can get them or not, and where you can get them. And maybe also what you should expect to pay. Good luck tracking one down!

6. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Thanks- I'll try that.

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I have 2 Sadowsky's. The bridges are great on them. They hide the string ball ends and are quick release. I believe made my Hipshot. Email Roger or Nino. They can help

Rob

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    gotoh quick release thats the name of the bridge

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Arent Hipshot the main bridge on Sadowsky NYC line?.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    These bridges are made by HipShot to Rogers specs and are not available for sale.

The Gotoh Quick Release is very similar. Here is one that is on one my Valenti basses:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Only the Best components go into a Sadowsky.

12. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Thanks!
    I will have to decide between the hipshot 'b' and the gotoh quick release.
    Any pros/cons to either? Also does anyone prefer either aluminum or brass?