Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky custom gauges

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by maurilio, Jun 7, 2005.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hi there,
    I've been experimenting with different Sad gauges on my bass (MS5) and I've came up with the "perfect" set (for me). 45-60-80-100-130. The 130 is the Perfect strings for a Sadowsky bass (no doubt: clear, focus all the way across the neck and the "E" note at the 5th fret sounds very close to the open "E"), but I like the feel of a lite set for the others. And because I have a fairly low action, I prefer a stiffer G string (you can dig in a little more without choking it).
    The problem is Sadowsky would "put together" a custom set only if I buy at least 10 sets of them (and looks like they would be cheaper, something like $25 a set)..... I change strings every two/three months, so I was wondering if there'is somebody interested to share.... :ninja:

[edit: I was forgetting, stainless steel]

Thanks

Mo'