1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Guitars Announces Verdine White Signature Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Sadowsky Guitars is honored to announce the release of the Verdine White Signature Bass.
    Verdine, the bassist for Earth, Wind & Fire, has been a Sadowsky artist for over twenty years. Based on Verdine's first Sadowsky bass, this addition to the NYC Satin Series has an undersized J-style body of chambered alder, PJ pickups, and a J-bass width neck (1.5” at the nut).

The Verdine White Signature Bass is a tribute to Verdine's late brother, Maurice White, and a portion of the proceeds from each bass will be donated to the non-profit Verdine White Performing Arts Center in Los Angeles, California. The Center’s purpose is to assist musically talented students living in underserved communities. The Center provides scholarships, music lessons, and instruments. Sadowsky Guitars will donate two basses to the Performing Arts Center.

We are very proud to support Verdine and his Performing Arts Center with this collaboration. This instrument is available exclusively from Sadowsky Guitars and is priced at $2995 w/case.

The Verdine White Signature Bass will make its debut at NAMM 2017 at the Sadowsky Guitars Booth (#B5948). Verdine White will appear for a meet and greet on Thursday, Jan 19 at 2:00 PM.

About the Sadowsky Satin Series Basses: Built on the same benches and by the same builders as any other NYC bass. By limiting models and options, we can deliver these NYC-made basses at a more attractive starting price. For more information on the Sadowsky Satin Series Basses, please visit: Satin Series Basses – Sadowsky Guitars

For more information on the Verdine White Performing Arts Center, please visit: Verdine White Performing Arts Center | Facebook

verdine3. verdine1. verdine2. verdine4.2015_w_original_sadowsky_bass_from_90's.

2. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Beautiful looking bass, and I would imagine beautiful sounding also. I've owned Sadowsky P/J basses for years and they are very versatile instruments. Congrats to Verdine on the signature model and congrats to Roger and co for donating a portion of the proceeds to Verdine's Performing Arts Center. Two class acts in the music industry.

BlueAliceOasis and SirMjac28 like this.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Great bass for a great artist and I love the price.

rmayer likes this.
  4. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Played a few Satins in the shop last March when I ordered a new Sadowsky build. They are a very impressive bass for the price, as I would have expected from Sadowsky. What really makes them stand apart from the Metro line is the chambered bodies, for me anyway. One 4string weighed in at 7.15 lbs!!!!

5. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    I tip my hat to Rodger Sadowsky for doing this. Fender should have done signature models for Verdine and Larry Graham a LONG time ago!

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Add one more string and you got something there

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Sweet bass!

There's a store near me that has a NOS Ibanez Verdine bass. That one is cool too but it doesn't hold a candle to this.

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.