Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Guitars is Moving!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sadowsky, May 8, 2002.

1. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Moving Notice:

Effective May 10, Sadowsky Guitars is moving to Brooklyn, NY.

Sadowsky Guitars
    20 Jay Street #5C
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    Tel: 718-422-1123
    Fax: 718-422-1120
    www.sadowsky.com
    roger@sadowsky.com

New location---still the same quality and service you've come to expect from Sadowsky Guitars.

Only minutes from Manhattan on the F, A or C trains. For complete directions by subway or car, please visit our website.

We appreciate your business and look forward to our continued relationship.

A Message From Roger Sadowsky

I am very excited about our new workshop located in the vibrant neightborhood called DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass). Our new shop has a spacious showroom where you will be free to try instruments in a pleasant and relaxed environment. Afterwards, take in the spectacular city views and visit the restaurants, shops and galleries that the area has to offer. New waterfront parks and ferries to Manhattan are coming soon.

It is so hard to believe it has been 23 years since I set up shop in Manhattan, the last 16 of which were at our Broadway location. The music scene in Manhattan has changed a lot over those years and we have all had to change with the times. Rather than lament the change, I am very excited about this new opportunity to serve you in our new location. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with all of you over the years and I look forward to seeing you and your instruments in our new home.

Sincerely,

Roger Sadowsky

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Wishing you the best in you new location, Roger-

3. Rockin'. Now there will be a fighting chance of getting parking when I visit your shop. :D

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Best wishes Roger ! Sadowsky players are unanimous about your professionalism, so no doubt this new location will help you increase your work further.

All the best,

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Good luck in the new digs. Hope I can get up there soon.

6. I'd like to add that I finally got a chance to play a piece of your work, Roger--a fine olympic white Vintage 4 with a maple fingerboard.

One word: DAMN!

7. Good luck in your new place, Roger. Jay Street, eh? That's on the way home for me on the A train. I think I might come and check you guys out. Everyone else, check this out: www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/maps/historical/map-2001-12-16.gif

If you're having trouble finding Jay St., look towards the bottom of Manhattan on the right side and look for a blue subway line that says, A, C. It's right there.

Note the Memorium to the World Trade Center. :(

Mike J.

8. Good luck in the new location. It sounds awesome....the new shop, not just the basses and guitars. I've got to make a trip to NYC and Brooklyn to check it out.

...Maybe when I pick up my Sadowsky spalted maple top PJ4! :D That'll make it my Sadowsky #5, Nino.:p

9. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    "Good luck in your new place, Roger. Jay Street, eh? That's on the way home for me on the A train. I think I might come and check you guys out. Everyone else, check this out: www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/...-2001-12-16.gif

If you're having trouble finding Jay St., look towards the bottom of Manhattan on the right side and look for a blue subway line that says, A, C. It's right there. "

Actually, the closest stop is York Street on the F train or High Street on the A train.

Roger

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Rub it in my face!!!!! I have more Sadowsky basses thou!!!! ;):D:p

I hope your move was as easy as possible. Looking foward to seeing you in the Bklyn shop, soon.

11. The best of luck to you, Roger.

It wouldn't really matter where you are - as long as you and your great crew is there, the instruments produced will always be among the best money can buy!

Jeff

12. shucks!

I was really hoping you were going to say that you were moving to Kansas City. That would have made my day (and week/month/year/etc.)!

Anyway, best of luck to you, Roger. I'd love to be a customer someday!

13. dabassr

dabassr Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2002
    Tx
    Good Luck with the move Roger,
    I'm sure you will be glad to get settled in and have the move behind you. Count me among the very satisfied Sadowsky customers. The more I play my V4 the more I appreciate it. It's an absolute joy to play. The attention to detail is exceptional and the sound is a high quality, true vintage sound, and more. Looking forward to the fretless V5.
    Doug Adams

14. good luck with the move. i still haven't gotten to play one of your basses, but someday...

15. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know all this moving stuff was to scape from NINO and let us sleep in peace without nigthmares about what is goin´ to be HIS new Sadowsky, they just forgot that NINO is member of TB.......

:D :p

16. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Ah, Brooklyn, very very good. I have some pals that live right around the corner on Plymouth street...time to go check out some Sadowsky's.

17. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Good luck in your move!!!!! I haven't had the opportunity to try out your basses yet, but I've heard and read a lot of good things about them here!!

Hopefully one day!!!!:)

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Roger is actually moving CLOSER to me & it will be easier for me to visit his shop & buy more basses. :) I think he move to get closer to me. LOL:p:)

19. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    :Homer Simpson voice ON:

dough!!!!!!!!

:Homer Simpson voice OFF:

:D :D

20. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Roger,
    Best wishes on your new location. It must be tough to leave a home that you've been in for 16 years. But I'm sure that the new location will give you a bunch of new opportunities with the expanded space as well as alot of new places to go for lunch!;)

We all look forward to a report on when you are settled and how things are working out.

One of your biggest fans,

Jerry J