1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky Humcancelling J/Js?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by iDavid, May 13, 2006.

1. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    I just was at the Sadowsky site and see that they sell Humcancelling J/J for 4-string....

do they fit in a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

how would they compare?

thanks

2. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    In general humcancelling pickups have more bottom and not as bright as regular single coils.

I recently put a set of Nordstrand NJ4SE humcancellers in my Fender Am JBass and it sounds great now. More bottom, a lot more punch, and very defined sound. You should check those out too.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater

May 20, 2005
    DiMarzio Ultra J's are my favorite hum cancelling J's..plus you can wire them for series/parallel.

4. Would you not be able to wire Sadowsky's into a Series/Parallel switch?

Also, not to steal the thread, but does anyone have some sound clips of these? I'm interested in a pair, but I don't have any idea what they sound like. If anyone does, post them on here or PM me with the clips. Thanks:bassist:

5. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    your not stealing

I would like to hear them also :hyper:

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

7. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    from what i've heard, sadowsky humcancelling pus are made by dimarzio and are very similar to the ultra jazz pus...

i think his single coils are made by seymore duncan.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    If you look in the pickups FAQ you'll see a link to a thread of mine which has samples of a bunch of pickups - including Dimarzio and Sadowsky humcancelling in a Geddy Lee Jazz.

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    they're definitely in the same ballpark, but the Sadowskys are less scooped than the UJ's.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater

May 20, 2005
  11. Thanks man. And thanks to everyone else who posted sound clips. I think I may just have to spring for some of these...