Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky in Canada

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lgrankin, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Any Sadowsky owners in Canada out there? I'm seriously GASing for a Metro 24, and was wondering if you purchased directly from Sadowsky in NYC or from Club Bass in TO. What was your experience? Any difference in overall price? I know that both deliver excellent service.

Thanks,
    LR

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I bought my MS5 at Club Bass. Dave Freeman is great. I understand that Roger sets pricing for all dealers. I don't know how the wacky exchange rate changes things.

My brother in law now lives in Manhattan. I hope to make another NYC trip with an empty credit card in the next few years.

3. Dave at Club Bass is GREAT to deal with! I bought my head and a couple of basses from him.

I had a Sadowsky Metro on order and he called me to tell me that he'd just had #2151 come back in on consignment - he'd originally sold it in 1995 or 1996. It is now one my main basses!

FYI, one the things that dealers have to agree to when they agree to sell Sadowsky instruments is that they hold the price that Roger set, there is no discounting allowed otherwise they'll lose their aility to order future instruments. So, I'd bet that it would be actually becheaper for you to order from Dave at Club Bass than it would be to order direct - because, Sadowsky will charge you for delivery and that's usually already built into Dave's price.

4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I bought a NYC Sadowsky from Dave a few years ago. Great to deal with.

I would buy from him again anytime.

5. slagbass

slagbass

Apr 5, 2005
    Canada
    Bought mine used in 2000 from Dave. 4 string, ash/morado, natural finish. Initially, I emailed Sadowsky about a bass I saw on their web site. They pointed me toward Club Bass - I couldn't have bought directly from Sadowsky if I tried.
    Regardless, Dave saved me a few (hundred) bucks and hooked me up with a mint bass that has been my #1 ever since.

6. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Dave's great he'll take care of ya.

7. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    also the customs tax into canada from the states on a sadowsky
    is over $300.00

8. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

I bought a bass from Dave when I was in Ottawa and had is shipped to Chelsea (this saved a few bucks). What I like about Dave is that he is a straight talker who will take care of your needs, during and well after the sale.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member