1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky in Canada

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wadge, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Ok so I'm going to Canada for my honeymoon in September. And since I have great GAS pains for a Sadowsky, I thought I might go there with one love and come down with two.

I've seen the list of Sadowsky dealers on the sadowsky site, but none are actually listed where I shall be going.

Does anyone know of a store in Vancouver which might have one in stock for me to try out.

Thanks for any replies.

2. The only sadowsky dealer in Canada that I know of is clubbass in Toronto, unless something has changed recently.

3. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    Ironically enough most canadians spend their honeymoons on a small island in the Middle of the Mediterranean :p

4. Dave Freeman at Club Bass is the man! Great guy to deal with by the way...

L

5. I thought as much. But unfortunately Toronto is not in the itineary.

Its one thing to say to the soon-to-be-wife 'Darling, shall we just pop into this store to have a look around'.....but its quite another to say 'Hon, shall we drive x amount of miles to Toronto to check out a bass'.

She is very understanding (bought a TRB-6P for me once) but not that understanding. :p . I'd have to wash dishes and take up the garbage for the next five years.:rollno:

6. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    You're going to do that anyway so you better get something in return and what better than a Sadowsky. :D

7. And even if you're dealing with Club Bass here in Toronto, Dave only carries the Metro line for new Sadowsky's although he has used NYC models in on a fairly regular basis - in fact he has one now...

Here's a link to his store:

http://www.clubbass.ca/

If you want to see the used Sadowsky, it's under the Specials (then Pre-Owned) link. Good luck and have fun while you're in Vancouver, it's an amazing city!!!

8. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Vancouver to Toronto is a bit of a drive:eek::D

Tom Lee Music in Vancouver is a Sadowsky dealer but it appears from their site that they don't keep much in stock in Sadowsky. Not like Club Bass that's for sure.

There is another store on Granville street as well that had a few Dingwalls on the wall the last time I was there.

Let us know where you are travelling. There may be TBer that can hook up with you. You could also take a trek down to Bass Northwest in Seattle from Vancouver. Much closer than driving to Toronto. You'll be busy for days at that store.