1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky-ites... Any major tonal differences between the MV5 and M5-24?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Instruments
    I'm considering either for my next round of GAS (I'm off the boutique thing I think). I'd love to have 24 frets, but I love the traditional look of Corisca Mica Blue with a White Perloid pickguard..mmmm.

Just want some opinions on the tone of each.

PS - yes, I did a search but couldn't find anything exact.

Also, would Fender players be Fenderians? Fenderites?

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The M5-24 can't get the traditional jazz sound. The pickups are warmer & punchier then the MV5 & the pickup locations are closer to the bridge.

My Natural 24 fret 5 with the EMG 40J's sounds like a NASTY, agressive Jazz. You can give a listen to what I mean <a href="http://artistvance.com/newtemp/Music/CLEAN%20BREAK.mp3"><B>HERE</b></a> and <a href="http://artistvance.com/newtemp/Music/WIMS.mp3"><B>HERE.</b></a>

3. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thanks for the clips Nino! I see what you mean. Have anything with the slap tone on the 24?

BTW - the vocalist sounds just a tad like Dio.

4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
  5. Esoterik

Esoterik

Jun 20, 2004

Hey AJ if you want to hear a Sadowsky Modern 24fret and it's slap tone, check out Marcus Miller's CD 'Tales'. There is a song on there called "Eric" in which Marcus plays a Sadow 24ret with the EMG 40 J's. Awesome tune..... check it out.