Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Lightwave!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Fretless Sadowsky Lightwave.

I'd love to try it!

[​IMG]

2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Ohhhhhhhhh.......NICE. :)

*passes GAS*

3. I saw that on his site. It looks real sexy.

Lightwave p'ups: I don't know much about them. Do they only emulate an acoustic bass sound or are the good for conventional electric sounding fingerstyle and slap & pop?

4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I just wanted all to know that this is the prototype I built last year with the Lightwave system. I let many of my clients try this bass live and in the studio and the results were positive. The problem for me, however, is that the bass does not sound like a Sadowsky. I feel people expect a "Sadowsky Sound" when they buy one of my basses. It is for that reason that I have decided not to continue with the Lightwave. I will offer this bass to anyone who is interested at a very attractive price. Like all my basses, it will be sold with a 7 day return policy.

Roger

PS: This bass is extremely lightweight!

5. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Interesting that the bass doesn't sound like a Sadowsky when using the lightwave system. Is this because the light wave system is picking up the vibration of the string at a place where it's vibrating the least i.e. at the bridge?

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I saw that bass this morning on the site & I was
    VERY tempted to stop by his shop but I didn't have
    a sitter. I might try to stop by there on Thursday.

7. That's the most beautiful thing...

I bet it doesn't sound like a Sadowsky at all, at least without a lot of EQ twiddlery, but it's probably got a lot of potential. See my LW rants in other posts. The pickups are almost their own instrument...

Whoever buys it has to promise me to work with the LW pickups for a few weeks before giving up -- and then sell it to me on the cheap if you can't make it work :) .