Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Megathread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jive1, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Just because it's time for one.

2. Surely NOT AGAIN?

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Have mercy, Dear Lord.

4. lmao

5. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Nope, it's to avoid it.

Just one megathread, instead of 100s of threads that say the same thing.

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

More crap on talkbass

Rob

7. Gotcha. It's a good idea after all. :)

8. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    basically one thread to wipe them all :D

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

So threads about how Sadowsky's are not worth it are fine but positive threads should be limited to one? Wow. Amazing.

Hope you never run for political office! We would only be able to discuss things you like in the amount you like.

Strange that you don't just ignore them rather than force your will upon others. Just My Opinion Though! :D

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

how so? In my years here I've rarely seen anything but praise for Roger's basses.

11. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Oh no, not at all. One thread for bashing, gushing and comparing. Essex has a megathread, so why not Sadowsky?

I'm not trying to force my will on anyone. I'm just starting a thread so that there is a one-stop shop for Sadowsky related stuff so we don't have to rehash things again and again. Aren't the Sadowsky lovers/haters tired of making the same argument to the same questions each day?

I'm not trying to be a smart@$$. (I'm naturally one, so it doesn't take much effort :D ) But seriously, I'm just creating one convenient place for Sadowsky discussion.

I could just ignore them, but when there's 5-7 of them on the front page every day, a megathread just makes sense.

Not trying to offend, but be helpful.

12. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    +1

13. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    ARE YOU KIDDING? Just go read any thread about Sadowsky: are they worth it or Sadowsky vs. this or that. You'll see them.

This thing is so played out already.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You know, there's a name for a person or persons who flood a message forum with multiple threads about the same topic. I can't think of it off the top of my head, maybe someone can help me out here.

15. A Sadowsky megathread could be a good idea.

That way theres one big flame war and not five or ten individual flame wars. :p :D

Ive never heard anything bad said about the Sads with the exception of price. I dont recall anyone saying they flat out werent good basses.

If you like em great, if you hate em great. Im just tired of the fighting.

Do I have a Sadowsky, no. Will I own a Sadowsky one day, theres a good chance.

16. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Just so that this seen as something other than a smarta$$ thread, I'll give my opinion on Sadowsky.

At the last DC area GTG, I had a chance to finally play a Sadowsky. It was FuzzBass's NYC 5 string P. Let me tell you the sound on that bass was massive. Tons of low end. That combined with Fuzz's Berg 3x10, could make a pregnant woman's water burst early. It was a good thing I had my Depends on that day.

The interesting thing to me was that for a P pickup, it sounded like a J. Maybe it's because I'm used to SD QPs, and Fender RIs, but this P pickup had a lot more sparkle than growl to my ears. A real nice sound, but different from what I was expecting from a P bass.

The bass played incredible, and balanced very well on a strap. Definitely a comfortable bass. The chambered body felt great because you can actually feel the bass resonate against your body. Sweet. I thought the bass was going to much lighter, but it wound up weighing about the same as my Lakland.

We compared the fretwork with my Lakland 4-94, and many of us agreed that both basses had excellent fretwork. The Sadowsky doesn't have the jumbo frets, which I like, but they aren't as small as the Lakland. BTW, the fretwork on a Skyline was pretty comparable too, believe it or not. :eek:

It was great to finally play a Sadowsky. A while back I wanted to get a nice high-end 4 banger, and was considering either a Sadowsky J bass or a Lakland 4-94. In the end I went with the 4-94. After playing Fuzz's sadowsky, even though I was thoroughly impressed with the bass, I'm glad that I chose a Lakland instead.

17. I'd like to help but it's too dark where I live under the bridge and I'm too darn butt ugly like a baboon's ass to come out form under there.

BTW, how come nobody has the guts to start a Sadowsky thread on TB?

18. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    You know, from what I can gather, he was just trying to provide one thread to show all the love for these basses as well as discussion that would cover many things that get repeated. I'm sure as much as there are plenty of SX threads in addition to the SX Megathread, there were going to be many threads in the future about Sadowskys. No biggie.

I just don't get as superior as these basses are supposed to be, why some people get so defensive about them. The worst I hear about them is some people think they're expensive, or some people don't think they're that great. Big deal. They're basses, for goodness sake.

Let's try to start nicely--I think Sadowskys are cool. They are spot on in terms of fit and finish and as far as 34" scale 5-strings are concerned, they may be hard to beat. Their take on the classic design is graceful and the tone is distinct. To be honest, I haven't caught the bug yet, but I reserve the right to in the future.

Let the love begin....

19. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    A great idea whose time has come.

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What's the matter, people? We haven't had a Sadowsky thread around here since ... oh, 15 minutes ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.