1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Metro Hybrid P/J Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by imandan, Mar 5, 2008.

1. imandan

imandan

Apr 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Sadowsky Metro Hybrid. Any owners opinions would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be cool too. Thinking about the '59 burst/rosewood with the added J pickup.
    Thanks

2. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Thoughts:

- I'm jealous
    - I wish they made it in a 5 string
    - I'm jealous
    - Sadowsky builds a great bass
    - a P/J with Sadowsky electronics could cover nearly any gig I'd play
    - I'm jealous

3. Thoughts:

where's Rob (Bikeplate)?

He'll tell you to DEFINITELY pull the trigger...and then he'll post another shameless, gratuitous pick of his hybrid...

I don't mind, of course...I LOVE lookin' at that thing (the Hybrid...not Rob...;) )

4. haha +1

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I don't have one, but I have it's big sister, an nyc p/j. Lawdie Lawdie!

This bass is so great and so versatile. However, I find that the only
    problem with the instrument is that I am now totally totally spoiled. :p

Go play one, if you can. :bassist:

Want pics even though it's a Jazz body? :hyper:

6. Go for it, I bought the 4 string namm hybrid and I love it, here's a link to the sadowsky site for a pic, its identical to mine.

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/m1888.html

I would highly reccommend this bass, its so versatile. I honestly don't know if I could use another bass, I have been tempted to buy several others that would be considered boutique basses but I don't think they could compare. Pull the trigger, its well worth it. Best of luck

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I wish they made a 5-string, PJ on a a J body!!!

8. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    They do, it just costs more! :D

9. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    I hear that!

10. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    LOL, yea... the materials used in the paint, for the NYC lettering on the neck must be liquid platinum.

11. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I love mine.

12. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Do it! I got a 3 tone sunburst RV4-HPJ a week ago and it's great! Best P bass sound I've been able to get, plus all the comfort of the J bass neck. As a bonus, when you blend in the J pickup you still get the great P bass tone, but with more edge to the attack and you can get a good J bass bridge pickup sound if you want it.

13. I got #M2215 last week to see what all the fuss was about the PJs and was not sure it would be for me. I called and spoke to Roger on Friday and told them to mark it down as sold! Bikeplate is right! The PJ is da bomb...I really love it! It is now my number 2 bass only to my Alleva Jazz....:hyper: I have an MV5, RV5, NYC Standard 4, NYC Ultra Vintage 4, the already mentioned Alleva Copplo 4, and a US Lakland Bob Glaub (NOW FOR SALE) to compare it to and it is off the hook. I can't recommend them highly enough! I have owned 21 Sadowskys now (#21 is the PJ and #22 will be here this week!!) so far and played many more and the Hybrid PJ is EASILY in my top 3 or 4 favorites!! Don't hesitate...

Peace,

T

14. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I usually don't go for black on black basses, but yours really caught my eye when I saw it on the Sadowsky site before you bought it. It looks really sharp! I was about to pull the trigger on one of the Olympic White ones there until I saw the 3 tone sunburst one on one of the Metro dealers sites. Couldn't resist that classic look.

15. I am sending it back to them next week to have Rob Lo sand the neck and put a Tort guard on it for me....I REALLY dig it!

Peace,

T

16. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Noooo, I love the Roger Waters color scheme! I wish I bought a Hybrid PJ when I had the opportunity. I had one on hold for a day and couldn't pull the trigger.

17. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on it. The two things that held me back was the J neck. I own a jazz bass, but I really like thicker necks as well as I wanted a five string. Otherwise man, I would do it if those criteria do not matter.:)

18. I want it to match my MV5...

:bag:

You should check one out! Killer bass bro!

Peace,

T

19. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I have an NYC PJ, and it's pretty much my #1. Mine converts to an RV4 (it has a dual rout, as well as an extra pickup with quick connects and an extra pickguard), but I almost always keep it in the PJ configuration.

20. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    Thoughts? No thoughts! You don't think when you're in love.

mv4hpj-lpb.

Guinness20 likes this.