Sadowsky Metro Hybrid PJ has landed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, May 18, 2007.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Well, I was a patient man and good things come to those who wait. Took a drive to Brooklyn yesterday and picked up one of the first Sadowsky Hybrids from Japan

Specs are ash body, maple neck and board, 3 color burst, PJ humcancelling pickups, hipshot d-tuner, 8.5lbs!!!!!

The neck is smooth and fast!! Bass balances well and is quite light for a metro. Tone is killer!! VTC was standard equipment. As usual, perfect fretwear, finish, details. I was floored by the 3 color burst. Not too much red, really vibrant and classy looking. The mint guard goes with it perfect.

Im really looking forward to the next days. I have 3 shows in a row and I'll put it through its paces. Totally cool looking rock and roll Metro. Dont hesitate, people. These hybrids kill!!

All I have to do is be patient again until my NYC 24/4 is completed!!!

Also, some real cool basses are there if anyones interested. The hottest P5 I've ever tried, some great UV metros, and many other preowned pieces along with some surprises!! Keep checking the instock page next couple days. You'll love the inventory

Rob

M1802.jpg
    hybridandme2.jpg

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Awesome!

3. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sweet Rob....

I love the way the 3 tone came out! Can't wait for the report. Did you already get the lightest of the bunch?

4. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Yea, Al. Almost turned it down hoping for something even lighter but its very manageable. Same as my caramel burst NYC in weight. Love it so far. We'll see how it sounds next few days

Rob

5. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I've been looking forward to these basses. Can't wait to hear about your experience.

6. Hey Rob,

Love that bass! I played a PJ Metro a few months ago at the shop and really dug it. It nailed the true J and P tone. It was incredible.

Can't wait to see your 24 when its done!! Hopefully you'll get to check out my Jazz when its done too.

Take care

7. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Funny you wrote, Marcus. Pretty sure I saw your neck yesterday. Painted headstock, maple board. Had to be yours. Hot!!!!!

Rob

8. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    That's Rock and Roll!

Congrats Rob! You look like an 8 y.o. with a new bycicle!

9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Hey Rob,

Two questions...

1) Did you see my Modern 24F5? (Tiger Burst over 4A Quilted Maple with Antique finished neck and Birdseye board)? Should be done about now.

2) Did you see any Olympic White Hybrids with rosewood boards?

They look incredible so far.

-A

10. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Hey Rob,

Would be interested in your thoughts on the PJ in ash\maple vs the more traditional alder\RW - I've been thinking about going that route on a reverse PJ5. Seems like a great combo - nice snappy, bright tone, but a bit fatter tone than a JJ config, I would guess...

Awesome bass!

Dave

11. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Maybe he should change his handle to Bikepleight.

Nice bass, congrats, interested to a review after the w/end...

12. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Sure did. My and Rob(dragonbass) put the body and neck together on the bunch and droolled!!

Fretboard is amazing!! Wow. Quilt top is killer

Yes there is an oly white there. You should email them for pics

Rob

13. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thanks Rob... as you responded on this thread, Rob sent me a pic. My 24F5 is everything I imagined. Also, no need for pics on the Oly White... that's probably mine :D

14. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    A, What's an Antique finished neck?

15. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    vintage tint.

16. That's awesome.............Gas inspiring :D

17. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    It's Vintage tint... I don't know what I was thinking. It's friday and I haven't had my extract of juniper berries yet.

18. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Rob sent me a photo of your tiger eye, too AJ. HOt

Rob

19. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Inactive

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

Really,Tell Me ALL ABOUT IT?:cool:

Andrew

20. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Hey Rob,

That look on your face is...Um...well...Priceless!

Rock it this weekend....You need to bring some groupie's down when I'm done with your 4-24! :D

Rob

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021