Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Metro inquiry

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the prices listed on the Sadowsky website the retail price or street price?

I'm hoping it's the retail price... :meh:

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im pretty sure Sadowsky retail is sale price.

3. :crying:

Well, I'm planning on getting a spector rebop 5 soon. Eventually I'll work my way up to a metro. Hmm. Maybe if someone sells one on ebay they'd go for $1500-ish...sell the spector + $800...eh, it'll be a while :meh:

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Valenti
    Valenti
    Valenti
    Valenti
    Valenti
    Valenti
    Valenti ;)

If you want a Quality Jazz styled bass at a great price send Nino a PM.

Peace
    Nick

5. Yeah Nino's cool, he sent me his bands stuff, and it was pretty good.

Valenti? I'll have to google that...

EDIT, 2 MIN LATER = Oh That's Nino's name lol.

Well, it'll probably be a month since I can get a bass now ( :meh: ). I did the math last night. Right now I have about $630. I have to buy new rear tires for car ($100) and new window sealant ($160 ***!?), so that'll bring me down to $370.

THEN I'll have to work for about 3 weeks and wind up with a total of about $1200-1300.

So yeah..another month... :bassist:

Oh, I hear Warmoth is affordable. How much would something like this go for?

[​IMG]

"Remember this one? That's the custom PANDEMONIUM Deluxe neck with a 14" radius (instead of 10")...man it was worth it, one of the most comfortable 5 Basses I've ever had in my hands! The 14" radius is great. [Editor’s Note - Due to tooling conflicts, custom radiuses are no longer available on bass necks. This is a one-of-a-kind bass!] Looks kind of classic and has tons of useful sounds from vintage to whatever; the Bartolini soapbars and 3-Band EQ give me that prominent Low Midrange growl (U know what I mean, the Holy Grail...) and that on a 5 string,...geee!

Tino Tedesco
    Nov 2003"

Taken from the J bass gallery.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nino assembles his basses from Warmoth parts for close to the price you pay for the parts alone.

Consider the great job he does with assembly and setup and you'll see that its worth it. He also does some extra custom work if your bass needs it.

Check out my new one that he's working on:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130645

He's great to work with and is really fast with answering questions. He has great prices and is worth talking to. Thats why I ordered my second one and plan on 3 more.

http://www.valentibass.cjb.net/

Peace
    Nick

7. That's frickin awesome, I had no idea Nino was an enterpreneur (sp?). Inspires me to make my own bass. :cool:

Knowing me, I'd probably screw up $5,000 worth of materials before I make a decent bass, though. :D

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, he has a lot of experience since he works with Sadowsky so thats not a problem with him.