1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky Metro MV5 Trans White 2018 NOW WITH PORTABAG!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ElMon, Mar 24, 2019.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Price:
    Strings:
    This one’s about as minty fresh as you’ll get. I bought it from Bass San Diego right around the time I quit my main band and I never even gigged it. Just sold the soft/hardshell case that came with it, slapped it around a few times to establish dominance, and then put it right back in the case.

Typing this next part more for myself, but it’s also indicitive of why I’m selling it:

“You sir ... this bears repeating ... ARE NOT A FAN OF THE JAZZ BASS. DOESN’T MATTER IF ST. LEO HIMSELF HAD A SPIRIT BABY WITH BOTH JACO AND MARCUS MILLER AND BEQUEATHED A PERFECT REPRESENTATION OF THE DESIGN ... WITH A B-STRING. STOP IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.”

I’m a p-man through and through. I like other people’s tone/feel when they play a J-inspired bass, and IME (too many times to count) Roger and Co turn out one of the best examples of a juiced-up Fender J with a b-string, but in the end I always end up dumping them.

Link to how much I paid new, and I want someone else to give this’n a good home.

If you have any experience with these like I have (I got one of the early Metro MV5’s) then you’ll be surprised at how single-coil-ish these new basses are with the 500k pots. WAY more mid presence than I remember. Just a killer bass. Feels right at/just below 9 lbs, and I’m sure I’ll get around to actually weighing it to see.

NO TRADES

PRICE FIRM

SHIPS IN A BRAND NEW GATOR GIG-BAG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I might ... keyword MIGHT be willing to let go of one of my Portabags if the buyer will pay more of them there benji's.

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ho-Lee Crap Uncle Sam likes money

4. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Here's a recording of me playing this bass on Marcus Miller's 'Run For Cover'

Bink-boink-splank, be-do-be boobidy ... bink-boink
    be-do-be boobidy dooo.

more of the same, but not as good as Marcus and I look ridiculous on that hat. More 'Rufi-ooooooooh'.

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Tightest neck-pocket in the biz.

groovin_bassman likes this.
  6. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Being that the finish is trans white, I should've mentioned that this bass has a preferred pronoun of 'Mr. Awesome'.

2000TA46032 and TheMaynorD like this.
  7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    If this bass sells within the next two days, the lucky buyer will receive a set of polaroids with me, posing (fully clothed) with said bass, wearing a variety of Napoleonic-era military garb.

taphappy likes this.
  8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Right hand in my vest.

9. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I realize that these are an obscure model of bass, not often talked about on this forum. I'm available for discursive rants via direct message.

10. irbass

irbass

Jun 16, 2011
    Charlotte - NC
    Nice bass.

ElMon likes this.
  11. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ok, I’ll bite:

Since, as I indicated, these are obscure basses, I’ll share with you that Sadowsky basses are like the spanx of the bass world.

Much like those wondrous leggings can turn cottage cheese legs into shapely Tina Turner in her prime GAMS, a Sadowsky bass such as this one ... ESPECIALLY this one ... can transform your subpar skills, poor note choices and general lack of originality into something that at least SOUNDS like a million bucks.

The tone is so tremendous that they’ll over look how you didn’t actual flat the five, and that you landed HARD on a G when the chord change was AMajor7.

astrah, DJ Bebop, B-Lo and 4 others like this.
  12. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

This man knows his Sadowsky’s
    GLWTS

ElMon likes this.
  13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    So the experimental metal band didn't work out ...
    Marcus never did call you to sub for him on the road ...
    Your a funky white boy from Montana, but alas ... your Bootsy-level originality with an envelope filter never went anywhere, and now you're playing Top 40 country ...

'The weekend at the college didn't turn out like you planned ...'

So what.

This bass will deliver the best 'Brown-Eyed Girl', 'Mustang Sally', 'Don't Stop Believin', or for you younger folks, there's some '24K Magic' in this that there fretboard.

Relayer71, Plutonium244 and kwdhsk like this.
  14. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    The thing you need to know about this bass ...

The Game of Thrones final season SUCKED. All of this careful build up of character arcs, plot points, messages communicated, and then when you actually have the actual article in your hand ... it is, IMO, garbage.

(stick with me)

I can guarantee this will not happen when you finally get a Sadowsky in your hands. The hyperbole is real.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Flipper, Jerry Ziarko and burk48237 like this.
  15. TIAGO FELIPE

TIAGO FELIPE

Jul 9, 2017
    Very nice bass

ElMon likes this.
  16. mophead

mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Sure proud that has a maple neck or I would be on my way to OKC, storms or not. Already have maple. Keep it in the storm shelter.

ElMon is a good guy to deal with.

ElMon likes this.
  17. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Right back atcha sir. Maple IS easier to see when you’re in your fraidy hole, naders swirlin and threatening to strike.

18. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Time were ... Alleva Coppolo basses sold in milliseconds ... and Sadowsky basses were in under a 3 minute time-frame. You might could get one fer yerself, but'cha had to sit there refreshing the classifieds page endlessly, paypal balance at the ready. Big Rock Candy Mountain times it were.

19. SzunaP

SzunaP

Mar 27, 2019
    Hungary
    Hi EIMon!

I've been having fun reading ads as long ago than this one, you've made my day!! :)
    I believe you everything about this Sado and I'd pick it up, if I weren't at the other side of the planet, and just keep on lookin for another one in Europe...
    Is it still available??

ElMon likes this.
  20. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    It is, but I’m not prepared to ship to Europe where some already-hip dude will be that much more competitive or superior to struggling American bass guys.

bassdudestevo and taphappy like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 10, 2021