1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Sadowsky Metro MV5 Trans White 2018 w/gig bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ElMon, Mar 24, 2019.

1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Price:
    Strings:
    This one’s about as minty fresh as you’ll get. I bought it from Bass San Diego right around the time I quit my main band and I never even gigged it. Just sold the soft/hardshell case that came with it, slapped it around a few times to establish dominance, and then put it right back in the case.

Typing this next part more for myself, but it’s also indicitive of why I’m selling it:

“You sir ... this bears repeating ... ARE NOT A FAN OF THE JAZZ BASS. DOESN’T MATTER IF ST. LEO HIMSELF HAD A SPIRIT BABY WITH BOTH JACO AND MARCUS MILLER AND BEQUEATHED A PERFECT REPRESENTATION OF THE DESIGN ... WITH A B-STRING. STOP IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.”

I’m a p-man through and through. I like other people’s tone/feel when they play a J-inspired bass, and IME (too many times to count) Roger and Co turn out one of the best examples of a juiced-up Fender J with a b-string, but in the end I always end up dumping them.

Link to how much I paid new, and I want someone else to give this’n a good home.

If you have any experience with these like I have (I got one of the early Metro MV5’s) then you’ll be surprised at how single-coil-ish these new basses are with the 500k pots. WAY more mid presence than I remember. Just a killer bass. Feels right at/just below 9 lbs, and I’m sure I’ll get around to actually weighing it to see.

NO TRADES

PRICE FIRM

SHIPS IN A BRAND NEW GATOR GIG-BAG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I might ... keyword MIGHT be willing to let go of one of my Portabags if the buyer will pay more of them there benji's.

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ho-Lee Crap Uncle Sam likes money

4. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Here's a recording of me playing this bass on Marcus Miller's 'Run For Cover'

Bink-boink-splank, be-do-be boobidy ... bink-boink
    be-do-be boobidy dooo.

more of the same, but not as good as Marcus and I look ridiculous on that hat. More 'Rufi-ooooooooh'.

groovin_bassman and TheMaynorD like this.
  5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Tightest neck-pocket in the biz.

groovin_bassman likes this.
  6. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Being that the finish is trans white, I should've mentioned that this bass has a preferred pronoun of 'Mr. Awesome'.