1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sadowsky Metro RV5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jjdhawg, May 23, 2018.

1. Jjdhawg

Jjdhawg Supporting Member

May 22, 2015
    Halifax NS Canada
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    I recently bought this bass and love it but being primarily a 4 string player I just can't marry to the wide board and 19mm string spacing. I thought this would be something I'd get used to but I just am not a fan (I'm sure if I spent more time playing 5's I would but as it stands I just find my 18mm Fender a lot more comfortable).

The bass is typical Metro RV5 specs with the exception that the previous owner had a set of Nordstrand NJ5 hum canceling pick ups installed and a non original bag.

The neck is good and straight and truss rod functions as it is supposed to. The frets have no visible wear. There are a few minor nicks and scratches but nothing that stands out. It weighs 9.3lbs according to a non digital bathroom scale, I'm sure that's not exact but it feels very light and balances very well.

My only real trade interests are for a 4 string Metro RV/MV/UV70 but feel free to send me an offer. Edit: '63 AVRI P in Sonic blue added to trade interests.

Trades are limited to Canada but will sell internationally at buyers expense.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Bassmantd

Bassmantd Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Texas is somewhat close, right? Is G&L something you could consider?

Attached Files:

Jjdhawg likes this.
  3. Jjdhawg

Jjdhawg Supporting Member

May 22, 2015
    Halifax NS Canada
    I would most certainly consider G&L but the problem with trading across borders is we get stung with crazy taxes up here which is why if I'm trading it I want to keep it inside of Canada, sorry.

Edit: A '63 AVRI P in sonic blue might allow me to let the taxes slide though if you happen thave one :p

Bassmantd likes this.