Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Metro RV5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pickles, Oct 22, 2005.

1. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I'd been holding off on positing this since MikeBass had an identical bass listed for sale. His just sold, so here is mine :D

Sadowsky Metro RV5 #M391. Alder body, Morodo fingerboard, Olympic White with Tort pickguard, humcancelling pickups. Less than a year old, mint condition. Comes with original ultralight case, original case candy, and I just restrung it with fresh sadowsky stainless strings. The action has been lowered slightly from stock (sadowskys ship with a "medium" action and I like it lower). No VTC. I am the original owner.

You know this bass: fat, warm, crisp sadowsky sound with one of the best low Bs around. Sadowsky said this bass weighes 9.6lbs, my bathroom scale says 9.0. Very comfortable bass when strapped on, no neck dive.

I'll ask what Mike asked: $1950 ( SOLD ) shipped to the lower 48. Prepay with money order. I'd consider trades for rosewood board vintage P-basses, Lull PJ5, Eden WT800B, or WT1205.

Here is the picture they took at the factory. The body is a little yellower now and it looks even better.

[​IMG]

2. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Heres a photo of the bass that I took, and a photo of the reason I'm selling: no more room in the closet!!! I've got more basses than I can give proper attention to, and I don't have a gig that requires this bass at the moment.

3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
  4. I have a gorgeous Lull P/J 5 to trade...pm sent! :bassist:

5. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    email sent regarding trade
    thanks
    - Tom

6. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Thanks for all the interest so far. All PMs and emails replied to. I'm working on the details of a particularly tasty trade offer from jazz5757 at the moment, but that doesn't mean ya'll need to quit making offers ;)

7. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I do believe this bass is SOLD!

8. Indeed it is!!! Thanks Dave!!! :bassist: