Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Metro time!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, Aug 27, 2004.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Was in the city a week ago Monday. Thought I'd stop by and see my favorite people at the Sadowsky shop. Wanted to have my NYC 5 looked at and pick up a new Incase.

Well, I left with a new Metro!! The minute I picked it up, I knew I had to have it. 8.35lbs, trans blue, beautiful ash body, smokin' neck, thin profile, awesome fit and finish. Stacks up right against my NYC 5 and 4. Love the maple board. Gives the bass a nice snap I'm not used to with the Morado board on my other 4.

I had NAMM Metro #2. It was awesome, too. I like this one better. I prefer a non-vintage look(i own 5 Vintage Fenders) and love the color blue!! It's also a pound lighter than the NAMM bass which is great being a gig 150 shows a year!

I played it 6 nights in a row and it smoked. Quiet, thumpy, just like one of my NYC's.

Here are a couple pics.

Guys and gals, dont hesitate. If you're a working player, you can't beat the Sadowsky's. They are wonderful and sit in the mix like no other!

Rob

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Cool.

3. Tpu2

Tpu2

Oct 19, 2002
    Oh man, thats my dream bass. Got any bigger pictures? Great pick up man! :hyper:

4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Yeah man!

Mo'

5. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Got bigger pics but the forum says I can't post them. I've got an email in to them to figure out why

Rob

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

In the words of Rob " Sadowsky Rules" :hyper: :bassist:

7. Tpu2

Tpu2

Oct 19, 2002
    Would you mind e-mailing them to me? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about a trans blue with a black pick guard and I'd like to know how deep the blue is and I'd also like to see the swap ash on the metros. Thanks! ZurForever@hotmail.com.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice score!

one of my favs in the shop. glad it found a good home. :cool:

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Rob

Did you go for the vintage tone control?

10. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Some pics. Sorry it took so long.

Rob

11. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Major, Hi! Didnt do the VTC. I own 3 now and have had 9 others and none have had it. I've tried one at the shop. I need to gig with it to see if it would do me justice. Hope you all like the pics.

Rob

BTW, after two weeks of gigs, totally smokin' purchase

Sadowsky rules!

Rob