1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sadowsky Metro Will Lee 5 in Black Cherry w/matching headstock

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SCT1422, Jun 14, 2018.

1. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Sadowsky Metro Will Lee in Black Cherry w/matching headstock and abalone inlays which were done by Pat Wilkens. It also has the NYC preamp installed by Lisa at Sadowsky and USA Hipshot Lollypop tuners.. Weight is 8.13 pounds, 34 " scale, 19mm bridge and 1 3/4 nut width... It's currently loaded with Sadowsky/Seymour Duncans and has an extra set of Sadowsky/Nordstrands that will come with it... This is a killer player and I don't want to sell, but it's not getting enough playing time... Asking $2500.00 with shipping negotiable..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. SCT1422

You may notice a NYC sticker on the headstock.. It was added when refinished, but the bass is a Metro... Also the pics look crappy, but it is in excellent shape...

3. Antman3820

Antman3820 Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Toms River, NJ
    SO TEMPTING !!!!

4. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Beautiful bass, GLWTS.

Nut width on the WL 5's is 1 3/4" through, rather that 1 1/2", if I am right? Unless this one is different?

5. SCT1422

It is 1 3/4.. Thanks, it's now corrected ..

Plutonium244 likes this.
  6. Shaun Gotti Calloway

Shaun Gotti Calloway

Apr 21, 2015
    I’m interested PM sent

7. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Who refinished it - was it done at Rogers shop?

8. SCT1422

The headstock and the abalone inlays were done by Pat Wilkens... Also, not looking for any trades at this time..
    I am all set bass and gear wise...

9. Bassmann79

Bassmann79 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I was about to say, something isn't right because that is definitely a Metro! GLWTS!

10. huebass

huebass

Oct 29, 2007
    Tennessee
    Just curious, what isn’t ‘right’ about it that you knew it was definitely a metro? I’m being serious cause I’d like to learn what subtle or obvious ‘visual’ differences there are.

11. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    The big giveaway is the "M" at the beginning of the serial number. Also the Metros use Hipshot licensed tuners versus Hipshot USA tuners. I wasn't aware there was a USA preamp vs. a Metro preamp but you learn something new every day.

Jothabass and Bassmann79 like this.
  12. Astroman

Astroman Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Very interested! Would you have a full body shot?

13. stringtheory6

stringtheory6 Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Buena Park, CA

Attached Files:

14. SCT1422

Thanks Will.. The body is in excellent shape minus a few belt marks in the top coat that do not get into the paint.. You have to look close to see them..

15. SCT1422

No trades.. Thank you..

16. Astroman

Astroman Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Winston-Salem, NC
    PM sent!

17. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    This bass has the USA HipShot Tuners. They were installed as part of the work, that Pat did on the headstock.

The US and Japanese preamps are schematically the same; but the NYC preamps are hand wired with heavier gauge wiring. Lisa wired this preamp from scratch. Just one more example of the Brooklyn crew bending over backwards for their customers.

This is an awesome bass.

18. SCT1422

It is an awesome bass !! I wouldn't be selling it, but I have a new build to pay for..

bucephylus likes this.