1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky Metro WILL LEE-showroom condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by More or Les, Dec 8, 2017.

1. More or Les

More or Les Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    For as long as Roger's "Metro" series has been around, discussions have been basically centered around the REAL differences between "Metro" and "NYC". And please let's not make this post a forum for that; I AM trying to move a piece of gear here!

Regardless of which "camp" you are in, the name SADOWSKY has always meant superior quality and craftsmanship. If those 8 letters grace your headsdtock, you mean business, baby.

And ONLY because I purchased a NYC 5 just last night, it is with heavy heart that I offer this magnificent Metro Will Lee bass. I've owned 4' and 5's, Metro's and NYC's and truth be told THIS bass is as good in every regard as any of the aforementioned basses.

When I bought this, I was assured that it was flawless- and the guy who sold me the bass was spot on. Couldn't believe my eyes when I opened that oh-so-cool "zero gravity case" for that very first time and had to run for my sunglasses, the gleam was so intense. (I kinda made up the sunglasses part, I thought it sounded good and helped make my point)

If you're at all familiar with Roger's basses, you'll know that the options available on his NYC line are quite extensive. Simply magnificent "tops" over a scientifically engineered weight relieving chambering system are just two of the myriad options. You'll ALSO know that hardware, pickups, knobs, truss rods, tuning pegs, etc etc etc are the SAME in both series, which when loosely translated mean that, sonically speaking, the human ear PROBABLY will not be able to decipher any difference in tone. Enough of this-onto the bass itself.

It's referred to as "OLYMPIC WHITE", but upon inspection from both near and afar, cream of turkey soup and Gerbers custard baby food would be better descriptions. A long time lover of clear pick guards (see my other item for sale), I purchased one directly from Sadowsky and installed it. The original tortoise shell guard (which of course you will get) offered MUCH more contrast, but the clear just kicked my ass-really streamlined the bass a lot.

All controls function as they should;, the drop D tuner is way cool for those few times you'll use it, and the special "sauce" on the WL...that most unique mid-switch, combined with superior electronics, really work seamlessly, offering a plethora of tones not available on other Sadowsky basses. Please note protective plastic remains on back.

The basses carry with them an"MSRP" of $3500. (as if we look at that number anyway!) I feel $2300 with original case (and pick guard) is very fair, and that's the # I'll be looking at.

Happy holidays one and all!!!

Attached Files:

geowis likes this.
  2. Reminds me of the Sadowsky that Walter Becker is shown with on the back of Everything Must Go, which is the moment I fell in love with a white Sadowsky bass. Unfortunately for me, I'm looking for a lefty. "... lunch with Gina..."

3. More or Les

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    my man..the danfan.

4. Sharp looking WL! I do recall seeing this one for sale a few months back. What does it weigh?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. More or Les

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    it's no more than 9 lbs..thanks for the inquiry!