TRADED Sadowsky Metroline RS5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funk_in4, Jan 22, 2017.

1. funk_in4

funk_in4 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    PLEASE NOTE: this bass is for sale in Canada only. Due to the recent ruling regarding the status of rosewood as an endangered species, CITES documentation for an international sale is just too onerous at this time. It may change in the future but for now the risks of having complications with an international sale are too intimidating for me.

Selling a Sadowsky Metro RS5 5 string bass with gig bag. This is quite possibly the best 5 string Jazz style bass on the planet.
    The bass has a morado finger board/maple neck, alder body, '59 sunburst finish, Sadowsky single coil pickups, Sadowsky two band active preamp with VTC (Vintage Tone Control), passive tone control and active/passive bypass. I misplaced the VTC knobs- it now has EMG knobs on those controls for bass/treble.
    There are a couple of very small dents in the back of the neck as well as a number of tiny dings around the edge of the body, but front and back are excellent. This is an amazing playing and sounding bass.
    Asking $2100.00 CDN FUNDS (equivalent of $1575 USD) plus shipping. These basses sell new in Canada for $3,799.00 plus taxes, and sell used regularly for 1800-2000 USD plus shipping/brokerage out of the US.

Pretty firm on the price but open to trades or trade/cash, however the trade value will be $2,250.00 Cdn funds.

Attached Files:

Latinbass likes this.
  2. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    Awesome looking RS5!

funk_in4 likes this.
  3. ciubz

ciubz

Jan 30, 2005
    Interesting bass

funk_in4 likes this.
  4. funk_in4

funk_in4 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario strings
    Thanks. I got it from a fellow TBer some time ago and did some amount of set up/refurbishing, but with my Dingwall Z3 dominating my dance card, I would like to move this into someone's hands that will get more out of owning it...