Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Metros at Bass central

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hands5, Dec 10, 2004.

1. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I went to Basscentral a couple of days ago to pick up a amp/cabinet,and when I walk into the store, there were 2 new Sadowsky Metros(I believe they are a Metro dealer now) hanging on the wall,(4/5) I did try out the 5 string and it was ok but it didn't really knock my socks off ! like I thought that it would,however I will admit that it was a real nice playing bass.

2. Wrong answer! You will offend many people on TB if you do not whole-heartedly embrace those basses and the prices.

Just kidding. I have been meaning to get over to bass central. Do you know how much the Made in Japan/Sads were?

3. That's why there are so many great choices today for bass. Amps, Cabs, Basses, Effects, you name it. I like my Metro and if you never played a Sad it might take a little getting used to because they are 'bright' sounding at first at least to me. Great cut in the mix and people like them for recording too. I'm a first impression guy too, so if didn't call to you right away I'm sure something else will. Have FUN!

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    What model was it? I found when I "A/B"ed two in Nashville; a MV5 and a M5-24 that I preferred the Modern over the Vintage..

Didn't walk out with it, but if I'd had the extra cash, who knows...

5. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I'm going to Bass Central tomorrow. I'll try them both. I've only played one Sad (USA) once for three minutes. It didn't knock my socks off, but I was wearing sandles any way.

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I think the 5 string model(Natural with ash/maple fret board) was $2100.00 I don't know how much the 4 string would cost.

7. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I did play 1 MV5 a couple of months ago that I did liked,but that was 1 out of quite a few.however I'm sure that they are great basses for the people who do own them.