Sadowsky Nickels vs Stainless

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fenderx55, Mar 8, 2006.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    I've been using Sadowsky nickel brites for about a year now and I've been through two or three sets, and even though they make my fingers happy (compared to the flea-boomers i was using), I kind of wonder what the Sad stainlesses sound like compared to the nickels. Would I still get the breathy kind of high end?

2. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    I switched from nickels to stainless myself. I like the feel of the stainless better. The nickels felt a little "sticky" under my fingers.

The stainless are certainly brighter, but not in the extreme. I dig 'em. :D

It's hard to know what you mean by "breathy", but it is rather hard to describe sound in words...isn't it? One man's "growl" is another man's "bark". Mwah, crunch, snap, crackle, pop, Merrill, Lynch, Pierce, Sacco and Vanzetti. ;)
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have a set of sadowsky bright nickels sitting here that i will try when my current set of TI rounds (dislike these strings) dies.
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm a fan, just kind of time for a change.
  5. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    You'll get a brighter and deeper sound, with more impact, a a wee bit more focus on the low B. The stainless set is pretty rough textured, I found them to be much more "sticky" feeling than the DRs I usually play. Both are really cool sets.
  6. seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Currently I've been using Sadowsky Steels standard gauge they're great.
    I've tried the Steels in light gauge also nice and brite. They sound good dead also. I'm going try the Nickels in the light gauge to see which ones I prefer.
  7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I use SS lites. They smoke. I like my strings very new sounding. I change them about every 3 shows.