1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Nickels

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Dirty Dave, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I absolutely love these strings, prefer the Black label (standard) but I also don't hesitate to buy Blue Labels when Black isn't available. Been using them almost exclusively for years now. However, I am curious if any other players with experience using Sadowsky nickels might have a recommendation for what they feel is a similar or the next best string?

2. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    There is no similar or next best string ;):bassist:

I'm with you, I've been using both the nickel and SS for probably the last 6 years. My preference are the Blue Nickel. I currently have all my basses strung with them.

3. klokker

klokker

Jan 7, 2009
    Steele City, NE
    The tapered B really worked on one of my basses, so I stuck to Blue Labels for a few years. They were good strings and lasted a while. I eventually switched basses and evolved (or devolved) toward a more aggressive brighter string. Never tried the Black Labels.

4. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Seems Sadowsky Nickels are getting rarer to find... Let's refresh the discussion. I love my Nickel Blue XL med. on my Fender P5 and and fretted / defretted 4 bangers... I was thinking maybe DR Sunbeams to try if I can't find any Sadowsky's. Any recommendations folks?