Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Nightmare

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Feb 9, 2005.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Okay...we all know Sadowsky Basses are CNC'ed by another manufacturer, which we have recently discovered is not Warmoth.....I'm sure there are many like me who long for a dramatic improvement on the Leo Fender design, without loosing that familliar feel, but cannot afford a Sadowsky etc..

I had been thinking about building my own for some time, but Warmoth's only option for Five Strings is the Original "Deluxe V" body, which alot of folks find bulky and cumbersome. All Sadowsky Basses feature a slimmed down body, similar to the Warmoth "Dinky" J body, but Warmoth does not offer it for the Five Stringers..... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO ACTUALLY MANUFACTURS THESE BODIES, OR A COMPANY THAT MAKES SOMETHING SIMILAR IN A DOWNSIZED JASS FIVE ??

2. So what makes this a nightmare?

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    IIRC Roger said the company that makes the Sadowsky bodies does not sell directly to the public. However doesnt both Mightmite and Allparts make bodies as well as Warmoth.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    US customs also makes bodies and necks.

5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
  6. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    "So what makes this a nightmare?"

Moreso, what makes this a *Sadowsky* nightmare?

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Pablomigraine is right. :eyebrow:

--Jasonsmarta$$

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I interpret the nightmare as this....

The original poster wants to know where Sadowsky get's his bodies so he can make his own Sadowsky knock-off. Since he is unable to figure it out, it has become a nightmare trying to figure out.

Am I right?

-Mike

9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ILovePink

:D

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    No she just *thought* she knew where Roger got his bodies from, but, like most things in her life, she was wrong.

11. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Ilovepink was female?! :eyebrow: :eek:

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    For the record...I never had any interest in buying a Sadowsky bass until I read all the debates Ilovepink started about them. After paging through all of those threads, I came to the conclusion that I wanted one.

-Mike

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yup, her name was Cara or something....

14. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    One of the mods at Carvin claimed that Sadowsky apporached them several years ago about manufacturing neck/bodies for them. Nothing ever transpired as far as I know.

15. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Roger did say a few times in the past that the company he gets em from doesn't sell to the public, but while we're on the Sadowsky Nightmare, my nightmare is I'm too involved with schoolwork right now to get a part time job on the side to afford one!!! :help:

16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Really??? No s**t?!?!

All I can say is "Wow"...

:eyebrow:

17. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    My Sadowsky nightmare is that I will snap and order one from Roger on my credit card and on that very day, the Aus Dollar takes a dive against the US Dollar causing a massive price increase :bawl:

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    She hinted at it at the end of one of the threads when someone said they wouldn't say it to thier face and she said somethign like "I think you'd be really surprised if you saw my face". But in her PM's she signed them off as Cara. For all we know, it was probably Peter Duncan pretending to be a girl!

19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Maybe it was Ed Roman having a gender identity crisis..

:eyebrow:

20. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Definitely check out USA custom guitars, they may just be what the doctor ordered (they cut the bodies for mike lull basses among many others) and tommy is GREAT to work with. I'm trying not to solicit, but i've use them before and there excellent. But you must be ready and willing to build you own bass. It's not easy and your motivation shouldn't purely be to replicate a sadowsky bass because you may be setting yourself up for a fall. So find your own motivations. IMO if you want a sadowsky - buy one. If you want to build an awesome bass then build one. Building is also seldom a cheaper option - but I find it fulfilling.