1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Sadowsky NYC Ash/Maple Vintage 4- Natural - Solid Body *Sound Clips*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sithian, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Sithian

Sithian Operator! Give me the number for 9-1-1! Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    Price:
    $3799
    Strings:
    Up for consideration is my recently acquired Sadowsky NYC Vintage. I really like this bass A LOT, but am pining for an MTD 435/535/635, Super or Saratoga.

This bass delivers every bit the killer sound that you would expect from a Sadowsky and has a solid body for a little extra oomph. Super responsive and bright and clear sounding - ash/maple all the way ala Marcus. Weight is @9.2 pounds. Beautiful grained piece of ash, natural finish, hum-cancelling pickups, and is in excellent condition. Sadowsky preamp with vintage tone control. Includes black and white pickguards. Disclosure- a tiny ding on the top of the headstock, a small surface crack at the neck heel in the poly- very typical, not at all into the wood, and a small chip in the upper corner of the black pickguard.

$3799 + shipping by buyer. Includes Mooradian gig bag. Would also consider trades +\- cash for 4, 5, 6 string MTDs with other combinations, Fodera, Alleva Coppolo, Sadowsky PJ or Will Lee 5, Smith BT6. Here is a link to a prior listing for this bass:

No longer available - Take her home for ...!Video demo Sadowsky NYC 4

Thanks for looking!

I made some quick soundclips- nothing fancy, just enough to give you a good idea with some different settings. Recorded on an iPhone through Wayne Jones Audio gear.

Both Pickups, Tone Full

Neck Pickup, Tone Full

Bridge Pickup, Tone Full

Both Pickups, Tone Off

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 10:11 AM
    kobass, mcclurer16 and Lowendtech like this.
  2. jonno1707

jonno1707 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    Fantastic bass and great seller somebody’s going to be very happy with This instrument

Sithian likes this.
  3. minuseri

minuseri Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Year completed please?

4. Sithian

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    I believe 2004-

5. minuseri

Jun 22, 2004

6. minuseri

Jun 22, 2004
    Thanks

7. Sithian

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    Overdue for an outfit change :) - I swapped to the blackpick guard. Was playing around for a bit today- this bass absolutely snarls. SO killer.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 10:11 AM