1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Sadowsky NYC modern 4-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by herrdruhl, Dec 8, 2018.

1. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for grabs is one sweet Sadowsky NYC. This bass began life as a satin series with a white paint job; there was nothing wrong with the original finish, but it didn't appeal to me too much. The satin white looked too much like the flat paint on the walls in my house. So, I took the bass to Mr. Wilkins (who does the finishes for Sadowsky, Lull, Lakland, etc) and had him refinish the bass in Firemist Gold. The photos make it look a little more copper color, but in real life it looks more of a reddish gold or goldish bronze. Anyway, this is a great playing and sounding bass, and extremely well-made. Has the NYC chambered body, quartersawn fingerboard, immaculate fretwork, and excellent electronics. 34 inch scale, 24 frets, 1.5 inch nut, and about 8.2 lbs on my digital bath scale. Will ship in a Roadrunner soft case. I was originally intending to keep the bass forever, but have gravitated toward keeping more traditional style instruments. This fine instrument can be yours for $2999 including shipping and insurance to USA locations.

Will trade for a 77 or 78 Stingray bass in good condition

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Bigoo7e, R&B, DeliriumTremens and 2 others like this.
  2. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    very cool and unique Sadowsky. GLWTS

herrdruhl likes this.
  3. johnbee

johnbee Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Looks awesome! Those satin series basses are every bit as good as the regular NYC, except for the finish. This takes care of that problem. :) Somebody is going to score a great bass.

herrdruhl likes this.
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Great color.

5. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    keeping it.