No longer available Sadowsky NYC Satin 5-24 Modern

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by alexbrownebass, May 13, 2022.

1. alexbrownebass

alexbrownebass Endorsing Artist - Genzler Amplication, NS Design Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Offering this beast up for trade. It is from the early days of the Satin series before CITES rules took effect, and has an exceptionally rare Indian Rosewood fingerboard (before the Satin series shifted to Morado).

8.2 lbs, ocean blue finish. In perfect working order but has some discoloration on the back of the neck and some small dings under the bridge and on the headstock. Dead quiet electronics and monster Sadowsky tone. Would ship with Sadowsky rectangular case.

I very well may decide to pull this ad and hang onto it, but as of now I have more need for a PJ 5 than another bass with dual humbuckers.

Trade interests -

Sadowsky PJ (Metro + cash or straight trade for NYC Satin Verdine White)
    Mike Lull PJ 5 (rosewood or maple neck with 34” scale only)
    Hofner 500/1
    Olinto PJ 5 (+cash on my end)
    Yamaha BBP35 (+cash on your end)
    Moolon P
    Fender Custom Shop P or PJ
    Other basses that aren’t HH or JJ pup configuration. I like cool instruments!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Gary O, StayLow, eee and 3 others like this.
  2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Owned this one briefly and it's on my 'why did I ever get rid of it?' list. The combo of that mid-toward pickup setup and the Indian RW board/alder body makes it a fingerstyle monster. Really unique flavor, if like me (just IMO) you don't like the sound of Pau Ferro.

alexbrownebass likes this.
  3. alexbrownebass

alexbrownebass Endorsing Artist - Genzler Amplication, NS Design Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Washington, DC
    I made the mistake of taking this on a gig the other day and it sounded too good so I’m pulling the ad for now.

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Got it - owned an identical one briefly - sold it because I preferred an excellent WL5 Metro, but the rosewood/Modern 5 combination is very smart...in fact, didn't I sell this to the OP?

alexbrownebass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022