1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sadowsky NYC Spalted Maple, Ash Body 2008 JJ 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by robthebassplaye, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Price:
    $3500
    Strings:
    Hey Talkbass,

This is a beautiful 2008 NYC Sadowsky 5 string bass.

For Sale only, Please no trade offers.

Honestly, one of the best parts of this bass is the exhibition grade birds eye maple board. The photos don't capture it as well as it looks in person. It's been played, so it has a few extremely minor swirls here and there, but fundamentally it's an absolutely beautiful bass. Nothing cosmetically or functionally that should be of a concern. It looks, plays and sounds great.

Price is FIRM, and includes shipping and insurance in the continental US. PayPal only.

Please PM me if interested, of if you have any questions.

DSC_3303.JPG DSC_3295.JPG DSC_3296.JPG DSC_3297.JPG DSC_3298.JPG DSC_3299.JPG DSC_3300.JPG DSC_3302.JPG DSC_3303.JPG DSC_3304.JPG DSC_3305.JPG DSC_3307.JPG DSC_3307.JPG DSC_3308.JPG DSC_3309.JPG

I apologize, but I won't respond to lower offers, sorry. And, trade offers will be also ignored, I need to shed a few basses, not accumulate more.

:>)

As far as the case, I have the original Sadowsky Portabag, but one of the 2 zippers is not 100%. At the bottom of the case there is a tear in the zipper, so about 10" from one of the zipper ends, it doesn't connect the 2 parts together. So, that means you need to work one zipper around the entire case. The rest of the case is in good shape, and it will absolutely protect the bass as intended. If you would rather, I can substitute a slightly used but in fantastic shape lightweight Gator Cases rectangular foam case instead. Your call, LMK what your preference is - either will absolutely protect the bass.
    • Spalted Maple Top - has the black accent line
    • Exhibition Grade Birds Eye maple fret board
    • Chambered Ash body
    • low 5000 sn
    • manufactured in 2008
    • Hum Cancelling PUPs
    • Original Sadowsky pre amp
    • Original Master volume, p/up pan, VTC, concentric treble/bass.
    • About 7.2 lbs
    • 1 7/8” nut width
    • black hardware - tuners, bridge, straplocks, jack plate, ...
    • tiny fingernail indentation on the headstock - fingernail thick, less than 1/4" long
    • 1/3 fingernail long, fingernail width ding on the bottom, 5" from the output jack
    • Still has plastic protector on the back.
    • Some finish wear on the back of the neck around frets 3-5 (see photos)
    Just trying to be 100% accurate - if you have any questions at all, or would like more photos, please PM me, I'm more than happy to take photos and put them up here.

The photos are all recent ones that I just took this week, of the exact bass I'm offering up.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    GOTBASS2016, Edgar, Fred312b and 2 others like this.
  2. Nathan Peck

Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar David Gage Czech-Ease, Mono, Kala UBass Fishman Seymour Duncan
    On sent

3. Nathan Peck

Nathan Peck

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar David Gage Czech-Ease, Mono, Kala UBass Fishman Seymour Duncan
    Pm sent

robthebassplaye likes this.
  4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Ugh, and I'm local!

Wish I was actively gigging and in the market for another 5'er.

Fred312b and robthebassplaye like this.
  5. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    The original Sadowsky case is in good shape, it will totally protect the bass. But only 1 of the 2 the zippers on this original Sadowsky bass case works. I just checked that out right now. That means, you have to take one zipper, and wind it around the entire bass, vs having 2 zippers that can meet in the middle. The 2nd zipper does not move, it stops about 10" from the end at the bottom. I can include a few other options, at your discretion, including the Gator Cases option, but I have some other options if you are interested, including a slightly used Mono case or brand new Blues Reunion case. For those options, please PM me and we can talk about options.

It's a great bass !

6. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    I know it's a chambered (ash) body but, that is very light for a fine Standard 5-21 NYC. :woot:

GLWYS!

7. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    I know! it's the lightest Sadowsky I own, or have ever seen!!! In terms of weight, the next lightest weight one I own is a beautiful 7#12oz chambered NYC Flame Maple, high 5000sn born in 2011.

8. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

That maple board is sick!
    GLWTS

9. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Yeah, its the most beautiful maple board I've ever seen.... truely!

10. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    I used to own 5094 (NYC Standard 5-21) and at 7.75 lbs, it was the lightest Sadowsky 5 strings that I knew about... and the body wasn't ash but, African okoume.

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 12.05.51.

11. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Thats a very lightweight wood ! I've never owned one with that, but it is known as an earth friendly, fast growing species.... Nice.

12. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    and, very, very soft.... I'd love to try it, see how it performs as a musical wood on a bass guitar.