Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky NYC Standard 4, Alder/Rosewood

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Robin Ruscio, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Robin Ruscio

Robin Ruscio Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    Used Sadowsky Standard 4, Alder Body, Rosewood Fingerboard, Chrome Hardware, Olympic White Finish, Hipshot D- Tuner, new Vintage Tone Control knob, New Sadowsky Hum-canceling pickups, Sadowsky active electronics, recently resheilded with copper foil, new passive/active switch, new CTS volume pot, Dual design straplocks, Sadowsky ultra light case, 8.75 lbs

I’ve had this bass one year and it is simply the best sounding jazz bass I’ve ever played, I’m only selling because my new Sadowsky 5 is going to be here any day. I had a lot of the electronics replaced this past winter, including new pickups installed by Sadowksy, so rest assured you’re not inheriting any problems. The bass has dings and scratches for sure, some fret wear, and is almost due for nut shim or replace, but that can all be easily fixed up by a knowledgeable luth- although honestly it’s not been bad enough to bother me, I’m just giving full disclosure. The under appreciated alder/rosewood combo is harder to find used then the maple/ash basses, so if you are more of a fingerstyle player (as I hope you are, it’s 2004) looking for that 60’s fat fender sound in a more compact body and with a great preamp, this is for you. Currently strung up with nearly new Thomastik Infeld Power Alloys, .45-.105. I’m pretty good at setups, so let me know where you like my action (currently low) and I will put it wherever you’d like and do intonation as well.
    I was hoping one of my students would step forward and buy it because it’s such a great bass, but I’m sure someone else will appreciate it.

$1950+ $50 shipping continental US

Cashiers check or MO only unless you want to pick up my Paypal fees

2. Robin Ruscio

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    Almost forgot:

Knob configuration has changed since this photo was taken- it's got a stacked bass treble and bass now at the end, and the switch is black.

Would put a new pic but had my camera ganked out of a checked bag last week while flying!

3. Robin Ruscio

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    Price reduced: $1850 + actual shipping

4. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    Is this bass on ebay now?

5. Robin Ruscio

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    $1750 + shipping, not going any lower.

6. Robin Ruscio

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
  7. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
  8. Robin Ruscio

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    i can't trade on this, sorry. I already have all the basses i want, i need to sell this to pay for my new Sadowsky.

9. Robin Ruscio

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    $1650, and worth every penny.