1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sadowsky NYC Standard 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Sadowsky NYC Standard 4 w/ Sadowsky Ultralight case
    (Serial number 3909)

SOLD!!!

Transparent Blue, maple fingerboard, Sadowsky preamp and hum cancelling pickups, Vintage Tone Control, 8 lbs. 6 oz., Hipshot/Sadowsky tuners w/Hipshot Bass Xtender drop tuner on E string and a standard tuner included.
    Also includes a Sadowsky Ultralight case, case candy and a strap with Dunlop straplocks.

Excellent + condition. The only blemishes on this bass are a chip in the black paint on one of the bridge pieces, a tiny surface dimple about the size of a pencil point that doesn't chip or penetrate the surface, the light surface swirls that always come with handling and an area above the E string between the end of the fingerboard and the neck pickup where there are a bunch of surface finger marks. They only show up when viewed at certain angles and are very difficult to capture with a camera. Of the two photos I have that show it, one doesn't quite show it all and in the other it's very exaggerated because of the flash.
    There is slight fret wear, but nothing that affects the playablility and action of this bass. The case is also in excellent condition with a just a few white marks on the outer pouch.

I never claim that a used bass is mint, but for a bass with a few years of careful playing on it, it's in exceptional condition.
    I tend to overstate any defects rather than have an unsatisfied buyer.

I'm only selling it because I've got another Sadowsky and with limited playing time now I just can't justify having one that doesn't get played as much as it deserves. I'm mainly interested a sale but will consider possible trades (plus cash) for the following basses:

Zon fretless 4
    Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub
    Ken Smith BSR4 w/Smith soapbars

I've got several years of 100% positive feedback on ebay (as ric426) and can give other references as well.
    Payment can be by USPS Money Order or Paypal. U.S. sale and shipping only.

More photos at:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ric227/NYC.html

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

So hot!! Cant justify another or I'd be all over it. Good luck with the sale. Should sell quick at that price

Rob

3. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Yeah, I'm just hoping to break even with it.

4. wish i had the cash, always wanted a sadowsky.

BUMP for great NYC for a killer Metro price.

5. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Central Coast, CA
    someone buy this now, before i have to ask to put it on hold and scurry to sell lots of gear.

6. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Oh my gawd...another beauty. I'm going down to Sin City Friday. If I hit the progressive...

7. PM sent to you...

8. michele

michele

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Hey Ric426, did you buy it after October 2003? If so I guess I played this bass at Roger's shop and I almost bought it!
    If it's that one I can say it's a supercool, superlight sweet bass! Free bump for ya! ;)

9. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Ed, pm reply sent.

Michele, I believe it *is* a 2003 so I suppose it could be the same bass. I acquired it this year, but my job has since taken over my life and being on call has pretty much eliminated any chances for regular gigging. They make it worth my while so I'm not complaining, but I don't want to see a bass this nice just sitting in a case when it should be in the hands of someone who'll use it like it's meant to be.

Ric

10. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
  11. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    E-Mail sent bro
    SQUID

12. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    All emails and PM's replied to.

13. Ric,

Pm`ed you back.

14. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    and back to ya.

15. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Central Coast, CA
    send over a couple pm's.

16. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Just replied to your PM.

Someone PM'd me about the bass last night and said he'd take it, but I haven't heard anything more from him so far. I want to be fair and allow him a reasonable amount of time to get back to me, so for the time being there is a sale pending and others who have stated that they're ready to buy if it becomes available again. It's probably safe to assume it's sold.

Thanks to everyone who's contacted me about the bass,
    Ric

17. ric426

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    This bass is sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.