1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Sadowsky NYC Std P/J 4, Flamed Maple Top, BRW!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scott McArron, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Here's a beautiful bass that I was certain would go to my grave with me, but I've decided to go back to playing 5-strings again and need to fund my new custom Sadowsky build! Lucky for you, because this one is truly special!! :):bassist: My second build will likely be a near identical version of this with 5-strings.

Sadowsky NYC P/J 2014 #6709:
    -Flamed Maple on Chambered Alder
    -'59 burst
    -Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard
    -Vintage Tint Maple Neck
    -Mint Pickguard
    -Drop-D Tuner
    -8.01 lbs according to Sadowsky's measurements

I bought this direct from Sadowsky in 2014. New, it would cost over $5k to build. I'm asking for $3400 shipped to the US lower 48 or 3400 Euros shipped to Europe. CASH ONLY, NO TRADES!! (I'm in a unique position here in Germany to have both a US Postal mailing address through the US military and European.) It comes with the original "vintage" Sadowsky HSC with felt lining.

While this bass is gorgeous to look at, it is meant to be played! As such, there is some light player wear from about 50-75 gigs over the past 3 years. Full disclosure pics below. Please PM me with any questions!! I apologize for not being much of a photographer! ;)

s7jHFC.
    YsnIxv.
    2brLC0.
    [​IMG]
    asp92U.

Small scratch
    [​IMG]

A couple light little dings on the headstock
    x4CjuP.

Some scratches
    icbXWU.

Smallest little dent from a swinging 1/4" plug, hard to photograph...
    [​IMG]

Harder yet to photograph is some swirling on the back. Couldn't get it to come through
    [​IMG]

Burwabit, Thor2, flewis and 6 others like this.
  2. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    OMG! drool

3. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Awesome bass. Great price.
    Just ordered a similar one.
    Good luck!

4. Maxcat17

Maxcat17 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Fodera
    Beautiful bass :) Do you know the fingerboard radius?

5. Off the top of my head, no. Whatever the standard radius is on the model. I might be able to look it up when/if I get more time this evening. Thanks!

6. Replied to all PMs! I'm struggling to keep up with all the threads, and I don't have access to TB while at work, so bear with me if takes a little while for me to respond! Thanks! :)

7. This is likely sold pending payment. I'll update soon either way. Thanks for all the interest! :thumbsup: This one is going to make someone very happy! :)

8. No status change yet. Still pending payment...

9. Tommy Szell

Tommy Szell

Jun 24, 2017
    I'm very interested and have the funds available. Would you accept an offer of $3000.00?

10. Well, I can put you on the waiting list. ;) Considering all the interest in this, I think I'll stick with my asking price for now. However, it's likely sold. I should know Monday, I believe.

11. Tommy Szell

Tommy Szell

Jun 24, 2017
    Thanks, Scott. Keep me posted. Still very interested.

12. Lucky for you guys, the buyer had to back out due to some very unfortunate circumstances. Wish him the best! I've got to go through my PMs after I get home tonight from work and figure out who is next on the waiting list. Be in touch! Cheers!

Tommy Szell likes this.
  13. Tommy Szell

Tommy Szell

Jun 24, 2017
    Any updates?

14. Hi. yeah. After the first buyer backed out, everyone else had already bought other basses. So, back on the market! I've got some local interest as well. Also, may just send it back to Sadowsky to sell. Let me know if you're interested soon. If I missed your PM (I got a lot of them) hit me up again!

15. Tommy Szell

Tommy Szell

Jun 24, 2017
    Yes, still interested. Might you still be interested in an offer?

16. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Love that fretboard

17. Appreciate the interest, but not accepting offers at this time. Thanks!

18. Tommy Szell

Tommy Szell

Jun 24, 2017
    Understood. Will the bass be shipped from Germany or the States?

19. Tommy Szell

Tommy Szell

Jun 24, 2017
    I would like to purchase your bass. Please contact me.

20. Alright. Pulling it off the market. This one is going back to Roger and crew, so keep an eye on their site if you'd like to pick it up!