1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Sadowsky NYC Ultra Vintage 4 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Odia, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Odia

Odia

Oct 20, 2008
    Billings, MT
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for your consideration... Sadowsky NYC Ultra Vintage 4 string weighing in at 8.3 pounds. Vintage Teal Green Metallic on Alder body. Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with 9" radius. White pearl block inlays. Vintage tint nitro maple neck. Sadowsky single coil pickups with volume, pan, vintage tone control, and Sadowsky preamp (bass and treble boost). Drop D tuner. This is a very solid sounding bass. A new order would run $5750.

Mint pickguard and also included is a tortoise shell pickguard I ordered but never installed. Access 3 gig bag. The Porta-bags were on backorder at the time I bought the bass. I bought this one new from the stock page back in August of 2012.

VERY nice condition. No scratches, dents, dings or blemishes on the body or the neck that I can see. The pickguard shows a few scratches if you hold it under a light. Some play wear on the neck pickup cover. Frets show very little wear. The back of the neck is just starting to get that broken in feel but the finish hasn't worn through yet. Has been gigged regularly but I baby my gear. Just installed a new set of regular Blue Nickels and checked the setup and intonation, cleaned and oiled the board, and gave the entire thing a good cleaning. It's top notch all around.

Asking $3799 shipped, CONUS ONLY since it's a Brazilian board and that CITES business. I am not interested in trades at this time. All proceeds going right back to Roger for a new fretless order.

ZufEn4J.jpg
    grfptqf.jpg
    JnlOUs0.jpg
    5LUuFhz.jpg
    aQYS6CP.jpg
    HCfguJn.jpg
    34qoWp7.jpg
    72rTPRx.jpg
    E6Nqnsd.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    petrus61, yousaiditman, Edgar and 8 others like this.
  2. davidchampoux

davidchampoux Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
    BEAUTY!!!!!!! drooldrooldrool

Odia likes this.
  3. BassQ

BassQ Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Boston, MA.
    I also have an Ultra Vintage (with identical specs) with a '59 Burst finish on an alder body with Brazilian rosewood board and it sounds simply amazing. Roger hit a home run with these.
    I wish I could add a second, but I need to sell a Fodera (that's currently posted) first.
    GLWTS and all the best with your new build.

Odia likes this.
  4. ReBass

ReBass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Beautiful bass! Do you happen to know the neck radius?

Odia likes this.
  5. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I have a wonderful Sadowsky NYC UV60 and the UV 60's typically have 9" radius.

Odia likes this.
  6. Odia

Odia

Oct 20, 2008
    Billings, MT
    Yes, 9" radius.

7. foderaman

foderaman

Jun 14, 2005
    Highland.IL
    I have the same spec bass but mine has matching headstock and Will Lee width neck besides that is a perfect match !

Odia likes this.
  8. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    One of the best looking Sadowskys I've ever seen

TuneIn and Odia like this.
  9. yousaiditman

yousaiditman

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    Endorsing Artist: (DNA) David Nordschow Amplification
    Just wow..

Odia likes this.
  10. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    I have no words nor do I have $3799.....bummed. Awesome bass.

Odia likes this.