SOLD Sadowsky NYC Vintage 4-String CAR - Amazing bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coelho, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Sound clips!

The bass for sale here -> REDDI -> MOTU828 -> Logic.
    No effects, eq, compressor, nothing.
    Both clips with the onboard preamp on, but flat (zero boost). Pickup balance in the middle (both pickups).

Attached Files:

2. lovebrigade

lovebrigade

Aug 1, 2007
    Sorry to be off topic, but what is the name of the color of the orange bass on the left in the picture of all three? Thanks A lot...

BTW Beautiful Bass, Good luck with the sale

3. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Candy apple orange.

4. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Allowed daily bump. Still here. Awesome bass. Very light. Beautiful. Sounds awesome.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    oh good lord...

6. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    Why is this still here?

7. I would have to say price.

8. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Ditto on the price

9. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Instead of "the price" I think it is still here because of "the economy".

The price is fair, you probably can't get a Sadowsky NYC with these features, mint, for cheaper.

One thing is people not having the money, another is the price being high/unfair.

10. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Not trying to be argumentative bump!

OK the economy and the market dictate the price. Call it anyway you want but the bottom line is you still have it at the price you are willing to sell it for. It's a luxury item and right now people are holding on to their hard earned dollars and not spending on luxury items. If it was priced right to reflect that, someone would still buy it because it was a good deal. So it is price or the economy, I don't think it really matters. If you were to lower the price it might sell and if you don't it probably won't.

11. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Not in a hurry to sell. Some people got to try it today at the international GTG!

PS: I never saw Ferrari or Porsche lowering the prices because the economy was bad! :) This bass is at more than 20% discount of the new price and without the 6-8 months wait.

12. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

No doubt it's a beauty and I would love to have it myself but I can't afford it. I was only responding to the question being asked, "why is it still here" ....... and to keep bumping it to the top to keep it in the lime light. She is gorgeous and hopefully someone will grab it and play it. Best of luck!

JB:)

13. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

People, I played this bass this afternoon. Its an amazing piece. Feather light, full of thump and zing. In amazing shape, too. Dont hesitate

Rob

14. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Still waiting for a lucky new owner.

15. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    I think some folks might ought to read question 6.5 of the Classified Rules and Faq.

That's a purty bass, Coelho.

16. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Some folks have read FAQ 6.5. I for one was only responding to the question asked, "why is this still here?"

Is that a foul ball? I belive the intention of the rule is to discourage people from just outright making statements like, "Dude, you're crazy if you expect to get that price" or "Why are you asking so much when the same item can be found elsehwere for much less". In other words, unsolicited commentary. Mr. moderator, I am I wrong about that?

Free bump for a great bass and a seemingly nice and gracious seller!

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is the best-sounding non-Modern 5-24 Sadowsky I've heard, especially when Bruno plays it.

18. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Hi Munji, thanks for the kind words, was a privilege to meet you on the international GTG! Next time bring your white modern, most "classy" bass ever!

19. was this bass at the GTG? if it was, that was the lightest jazz type bass ive ever played. sounded great too!!

20. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Yes, this is the one that was there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.