SOLD Sadowsky NYC Vintage 4-String CAR - Amazing bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coelho, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    seriously, this bass needs a great home.

2. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Southern California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    bumpus maximus

3. BASSKADET

BASSKADET

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Bruno, Awesome bass and price. If I didn't just buy the one in my avatar I'd take it off you hands.

4. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Bump, $2700 shipped!
    [​IMG]

FINISH | Candy Apple Red
    BODY | Alder
    FINGERBOARD | Brazilian Rosewood, 12" Radius, 1 1/2" Nut Width, Vintage Tint
    PICKGUARD | Parchment
    HARDWARE | Chrome
    PICKUPS | Sadowsky Humcancelling
    WEIGHT | 7.90 lbs. (3.58 kg)

with portabag

5. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    still heeereee

6. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    Bruno, I think I offered you $2600 last week when the ask was $2800, right? Is shipping to Canada really that scary for you? I can easily prove that I'm a working bassist up here, even though I have no feedbacks. A few Google and Youtube searches will do it for you, I assure you. I am well aware of all the extra charges that I might incur and I am calculating an absolute worst-case scenario of an additional 20% on top of the stated value of the shipment. That's actually not going to happen even if I get dinged for full tax and customs, and since this is an NYC , made in U.S.A, I may not get dinged for customs (in fact I shouldn't but sometimes they ding you anyhow and then you are left spending 25 hours of your life trying to get it back).

I'll hit your ask at $2700, just give me the word! Let's do this!

Nick

7. if you get this your going to be one happy bassist. i played it at the talkbass gtg in new york last month. and it was the nicest playing sadowsky there out of the 20 or so that i tried that day. wish i had the scratch and id get it myself.

8. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Nick,

I am not scared of shipping to Canada, I am scared of shipping to anywhere outside the USA. I have my reasons.

Regards,
    Bruno

9. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    Believe me, I'm doing everything I can to buy this bass from Bruno!!

10. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    Bruno, aren't you in the NY area? I'm closer to you than half the destinations in the US! What's the issue? I pay you $50 extra, we ship it FedEx and it's fully insured by the most reliable shippers in the world who won't blink if a claim has to be made. I already told you I'm not one of those Canadians who's going to turn it around because I 'didn't know' about tax/duties.

What's the problem?

11. TraderNick where are you located?

12. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    BB, I'm right across the border in Toronto... and yes, I thought about getting it delivered to Buffalo and then going across to get it.

Where are you? :)

13. Here-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

14. tradernick

tradernick

Mar 19, 2008
    errrr.. yes, indeed.

Did you have a brilliant idea that I haven't thought of?

15. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Seriously,
    I think that as the seller of the item, I reserve myself the right to define where do I ship or not !

16. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    potential local buyer. If it doesn't work I will think of something else (keeping it, Ebay, who knows...)

thanks for looking
    B.

17. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Ok, it is back! :)

18. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    $2700 shipped lower 48!

19. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Not to stick my nose in this but here is how you guys should do the deal...

The Canuck buys the bass. The seller will ship it to Sadowsky for a setup.
    The buyer will call Roger and tell him that he will receive the bass and that you want a setup done, new set of strings etc. Explain to him that you just bought it and want it shipped back to you .

Canadian's, here's what will happen: you will pay the 100 or so for the setup and the shipping back to you. When Sadowsky sends it to you, you will only be import-billed on the work that was done on it, not on the sale of the bass, because you did not buy it from Sadowsky.

Everyone happy?

20. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.