1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky NYC Vintage 5 JJ Sonic Blue w/SC's (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thank You Leo, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    SOLD.

I bought this bass earlier this year (from a fellow TB’er) as a companion to my Sadowsky NYC 4. Unfortunately, I play 4-string about 90% of the time and I have decided that this bass is way too nice to have around for as little it is being played. It should be someone’s “#1”. If it were a 4, it wouldn’t be going anywhere. In fact, I’m planning on putting the proceeds of this sale into another Sadowsky 4 and if I end up needing to order one, this combo is one of the contenders. Normally I like colors that show the grain of the wood, but this color is VERY cool in person.

The previous owner said that the back of the neck had been lightly sanded, and it is very smooth. The bass is in excellent condition. There a few tiny blemishes here and there which are hard to see, not to mention photograph. It’s not mint, but it’s close. It has been very well cared for and it’s hard to believe it’s four years old. It plays and sounds as it should (in other words – great) and has no issues.

Here are some specs from the Sadowsky site:

#4769 | Vintage 5-String

FINISH | Sonic Blue
    BODY | Swamp Ash
    FINGERBOARD | Maple, 12" Radius, 1 7/8" Nut Width
    PICKGUARD | Parchment
    HARDWARE | Chrome, Bell Cover
    PICKUPS | Sadowsky Humcancelling (These were changed to Single Coils)
    WEIGHT | 8.20 lbs. (3.72 kg)
    COMMENTS: Circa March 2008

Asking $3000 shipped & insured CONUS. PayPal works for me and offers more protection for the buyer, but I can make other arrangements if needed.

Although I would prefer an outright sale, as I want to get another Sadowsky 4, I know folks are going to ask about trades. I would consider the following in a trade deal: Sadowsky, EBMM, Fender USA or one of the variations, like a Lakland Glaub or possibly a Lull. Would need to be light, around 9 lbs or less.

IMG_0543.

IMG_0542.

IMG_0544.

IMG_0545.

IMG_0546.

IMG_0547.

IMG_0548.

IMG_0549.

IMG_0560.

IMG_0562.

2. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

PM's sent

3. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    ouch!

4. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Bass is Sold. Thanks for all the great offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.