1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Sadowsky NYC Vintage 5 - Master Grade Top - pristine.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DaymonJ11, Feb 27, 2018.

1. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is my second go round with this bass, and I really like it a lot. But other more pressing needs are more important at this point in time. Not sure what I can say about this that you don’t already know about Sadowsky.

This bass sounds exactly like you would expect. Ash body, maple board - this bass is “bright" and has plenty of growl and that oh so sweet Sadowsky Jazz tone! The slap tone on this thing is ridiculous. I mean, absolutely ridiculous. It sounds phenomenal.

Comes with nice Levy’s leather gig bag. I do not have the original paperwork, however, I have requested copies from Roger. Asking for $3750 or best offer shipped. Not really interested in any trades at this time, but will potentially listen! International buyers welcome, but, buyer will cover all shipping costs.

Full specs:

Sadowsky NYC
    - Model: Vintage 5-21
    - Serial: #7006 (2015 build)
    - Finish: Natural
    - Body: Flamed Maple top on Chambered Swamp Ash body (8.7 lbs)
    - Neck: Maple with Thin Matte Nitro Finish, Vintage Tint
    - Fingerboard: Maple, 12″ Radius, 1.875″ Nut Width & 19mm spacing
    - Pickups: Sadowsky Humcanceling Single Coils
    - Preamp: Sadowsky Preamp with Vintage Tone Control

Overall this thing is pretty nice. Not much to note relating to scratching or damage. There’s one little ding by the 2nd fret on the bass side (pictured) and minor swirl marks on pickguard and on the body, outside of that, nothing of note.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    kobass, drewkelly, JLY and 6 others like this.