For Sale Sadowsky NYC Vintage P/J Candy Apple Blue with Black Hardware

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by subtlestew, Oct 14, 2021 at 9:51 AM.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $4000
    Strings:
    United States
    Greetings, bass shoppers. This is perhaps the best bass I have ever played. Regrettably, with two kids in college, I can't hold on to a bass this nice in good conscience. As you all know, Sadowsky P-Basses are not that common, and I really wanted to take one for a spin. This instrument did not disappoint. It still sounds as amazingly smooth as any other Sadowsky (and I've had several,) but you can also get that P-Bass bark and growl. It's a revelation, really... but I've got a few other nice P-basses that fill that need. This baby is super-clean... I can't find a mark of any consequence on it.

Here are the specs:

Sadowsky NYC Vintage P/J

FINISH | Candy Apple Blue

BODY | Alder

NECK | Maple with Thin Matte Nitro Finish

FINGERBOARD | Morado Rosewood, 12" Radius, 1 1/2" Nut Width, Vintage Tint

PICKGUARD | Black/White/Black

HARDWARE | Black

PICKUPS | Sadowsky P/J

WEIGHT | 8.06 lbs.

PREAMP | Sadowsky Preamp with Vintage Tone Control

It's a 2013 build. She's got TI rounds on her now and a spare set of used unknown rounds in the gig bag pocket, along with the truss rod tool (the lever moves the truss rod easily in both directions) and the Allen wrench to adjust the bridge saddles. It will ship in a wonderful Sadowsky-branded Portabag along with a Sadowsky-branded strap with straplocks that match the strap buttons installed.

$4000 shipped CONUS. PayPal OK. $3800 cash in person in NW CT or other nearby location. I'm occasionally in NYC, and would travel a bit to avoid shipping.

Pix below. For some of the pictures my flash went off, so the color is a bit inconsistent. I'm including the original Sadowsky new bass photo, which probably has the best representation of the beautiful shade of blue that the bass sports.
    DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0004.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0020.JPG A0D8F803-CE8E-4465-86F1-9E4BDC7C71E4.jpeg

2. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    Beautiful bass and great seller! GLWTS!

jaysbassspace and subtlestew like this.
  3. shredace

shredace Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2019
    Boca Raton, FL
    Love this. PJ with P control layout. Great color. GLWTS

subtlestew likes this.
  4. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    super nice

subtlestew likes this.
  5. masoncole

masoncole Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Chambered body?

6. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    On Hold

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021