1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Sadowsky NYC Will Lee 5 (with Upgrades)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Swalexbass, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Swalexbass

Swalexbass Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    USD
    Strings:
    My Location:
    Australia
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States
    Before you read on... I am located in Sydney, Australia. I am resorting to post it here, as the Australian bass market is tiny and most people here are not really interested in high-end basses. If you are interested in purchases, I can ship at the buyer's expense. Or if you want a trade deal, PM me so we can discuss some options (I have some good options which works very well). Thanks for reading, God bless.

For trade is my Sadowsky NYC Will Lee 5. I am putting this up for trade to explore other options, as I have other Jazz Basses and I want to try something different.

This bass, it needs no words. It is an absolute beast of a bass which oozes quality. Roger Sadowsky has added and/or modified several important facets to the J-Bass design in order to facilitate Will Lee's requests (e.g. narrower neck and outboard parametric midrange boost box to grant access to more mid-range punch to cut through when playing live).

This bass exhibits top notch construction and craftsmanship like all other Sadowsky basses. Provides super-smooth playability and a huge array of tonal possibilities while maintaining that trademark Sadowsky tone. Thanks to the mid boost circuit, this bass can cut through the heaviest of mixes like hot knife through butter. Cosmetics are wonderful too with the top quality Rosewood top which really adds to its boutique-ness.

Specifications:
    » Mahogany Body (Chambered)
    » Rosewood Top Finish
    » Sadowsky Single Coil Pickups
    » African Ebony Fingerboard, 22 Frets
    » Sadowsky Preamp with Will Lee Mid Boost Circuit (Controls bandwidth & frequency)
    » Nut Width: 1.75"
    » Weight: 3.6kg
    » Serial #6895, January 2015

Included with the bass is the Sadowsky original hard case in mint condition plus all the bits and pieces that came with the bass originally, including the specification letter.

As mentioned for sales, I can ship worldwide at the user’s expense.

As for trades, I would be especially happy to trade for a nice MTD 534/535 model, but also open to hear other offers of similar value.

Photos below:

U92wOUr.

NXyWQGB.

abScPBy.

HlbWbIW.

06qCqXz.

JGTZM8N.

SlHcx0E.

P4I1zIf.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    mbbassmojo, soulstew and slugger like this.
  2. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Is your price in AUD?

3. Swalexbass

Nov 8, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Jeb. It would be in USD. The price is negotiable to an extent. Thanks.

murphy likes this.
  4. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

That’s a beautiful bass right there.. Mahogany is my favorite..
    And 1.75 nut for a 5 string bass..
    GLWTS

Swalexbass likes this.
  5. Swalexbass

Nov 8, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks 57pbass. This wood combination is really interesting and it gives this bass its own unique voice :)

6. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Send me my bass!!! I'm surprised to still see it available.

Swalexbass likes this.
  7. Baccomang

Baccomang

Feb 27, 2010
    Still for sale?

Swalexbass likes this.
  8. Swalexbass

Nov 8, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Just shipped out :)

Soundworks likes this.