1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky NYC5 24 fret in stunning trans black 'burst' FS/FT - $3,000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Molan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    NOW SOLD AND HEADING FOR SPAIN

So this is a bit of a wrench but I'm determined to make the transition back to 4 strings only and that means this really needs to go :crying:

I've been really putting off selling this as it's just sooo nice to play and has the added bonus of weighing next to nothing!

It has an ash body with a maple neck and maple board and an absolutely beautiful trans black 'burst' finish over a very nice flamed top. There's a poly finish on the body and nitro on the neck for a really nice feel. It has inset Dunlop straplocks which give nice 'smooth' lines when not on the strap.

It's hard to explain just how nice the colour of this is as it changes under lights. One definite vote of confidence in the color was from my wife, who usually just says every bass I get looks like any other, but this one actually made her stop in her tracks & comment on how nice it looked, lol.

Big Single pickups and the usual volume, pan, treble, bass and Vintage Tone Control setup.

Great range of tones from this modern Sadowsky setup with Big Singles - still able to nail that classic Sadowsky sound but less one dimensional than some older NYC Sads are (purely a personal view on this latter comment!).

The thing that amazes me most is that my bathroom scales say it weighs only 7.4 lbs! Can't say these are 100% accurate but it's certainly the lightest 5 string I've ever played and I'm sure you could gig with it for hours and not notice the weight.

It's in absolutely immaculate condition and still has the, virtually impossible to see, plastic guard over the area above the pickups!

Comes with one of the very nice Sadowsky branded soft/hard cases.

Would love to trade for a similar NYC4 - especially a Will Lee model.

I'm based in the UK but happy to ship anywhere in the world and have lots of experience in international shipping!

The best picture I have is the 'official' Sadowsky one as it's about the only one that does a decent job of showing the body colour accurately!

Attached Files:

2. Archie Jr.

Archie Jr. Midnight Rider Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2009
    PM'd

3. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    It must be free because I think otherwise you have to place a value on any "for sale" item. :eyebrow:

4. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    That'll teach me not to:

A) cut and paste from another listing

B) place listings very late at night when I'm half asleep!

Header now updated to include a sale price of $3,000 :)

5. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    :)That's a real beauty. I'd like to know the serial number so that I check what the full specs are. Thanks :)

6. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Serial #5245 :)

I don't know how to find more details just from the serial - is information available on the Sasowsky main site somewhere?

7. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Just a quick note to confirm that this bass is residing in the UK but I'm happy to ship anywhere in the world - shipping costs to be paid by the buyer.

Approx costs to USA would be about $200.

Having had some issues with international PayPal payments I would prefer international, bank based, currency transfer. This is pretty easy to set up and I've done this several times :)

8. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

Jan 5, 2009
    Chapin, SC
    Does this have the typical 1.875" nut width and 19mm string spacing at the bridge?

9. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    String spacing is definitely 19mm and, according to my trusty old ruler the nut width is 1 & 7/8" which equates to 1.875" :)

Note - Had a couple of close offers on this so far but not quite reaching the full asking price yet.

10. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Nice :)

11. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    If anyone is considering this then please be aware there will be import duties to pay if it comes into the US or Canada :(

Nothing extra to pay on duties in Europe though :)

12. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Hi, do you know the weight on this? I thought that if it was coming back to USA being made in the US it wouldn't have those duties but I don't know enough about that.

13. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    I thought that same thing and it is not the case :crying:

14. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    7.6lbs - I have no idea how they make something that sounds this immense weigh so little!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020