1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky onboard preamp in Spector

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by showard, Feb 28, 2021.

1. showard

showard

Oct 2, 2006
    I own a 2010 Spector Euro LX5 which I adore playing. I recently purchased a Sadowsky Metroline (German) J/J5. While I love the Sadowsky tone, I just cannot get comfortable with the feel (Yes, I have played it for three months). I have been looking into putting Nordstrand or Aquilar pups with a Sadowsky onboard preamp into the Spector. I have been unsuccessful in finding anyone who has actually put a Sadowsky preamp into a Spector. I'd love to get folks who have done it take on the outcome. Thanks!

2. xposaune

xposaune Gold Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Hey just saw this post. I have put a Sadowsky preamp into my spector NS-2P. My bass is a little unique- it's 2 EMG P pickups (built that way from spector) and was passive when shipped. Since I needed the passive option but also wanted some preamp control AND a tone control, I installed a Sadowsly pre into it. Works fine and sounds like a spector. I never had a HAZ but the two band sadowsky works well for me.

showard likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021