Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky outboard bass preamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Squice, Jun 3, 2003.

1. What´s the price of the Sadowsky outboard bass preamp in US $ ??

2. .. I saw at sadowsky homepage that the Preamp/D.I. Floor pedal is going for $239. But i´m talking about the older ones and not the floor pedal version...

my best regards...

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Since it's a discontinued item, it depends what you're willing to pay for it. When they were available, they sold for $198. You can find them on eBay for about $125-$150.

4. Nino how would you say they compare to the new ones..besides that the new ones are floor pedals.. is there any quality difference or soundwise?

5. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    The new ones have a DI also. I don't believe the older ones did. It is definitely worth the $ if you're considering getting one. Spend the extra 100 bucks and get the pedal version....

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    To my knowledge, it's the same pre-amp but the stomp box has more options.

*mute switch
    *on/off switch
    *can be used with an AC adaptor
    *DI Output
    *Tuner output

7. do you plug it in straight into the input of the amp or do you have to use the effects loop? a friend and i were arguing about this

8. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've owned both versions at one time or another. I lost my beltpack, and I have the floor pedal model now.

With a gun to my head, I'd say I liked the beltpack a little more. This is just a subjective opinion I've noticed some other players share. I'm not stomping on version 2.0 at all. It's pretty much the same, and the DI is mucho convienient for live and studio playing.

I've always had the best luck going straight into the amp. I think that was Roger's intended design, although it works well on snares and kick drums in the FX send/return of a mixing board.

9. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    None. At all.
    I'd say je ne sais pas and familiarity are the big reasons. To my ears, if I had to choose, the beltclip behaved a little more like the classic onboard Sadowsky pre which I've been using for more than a decade.

I was very happy with both versions. If I lost my floor pedal model, I'd just get another and not bother to hunt for an old one.

10. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    None. At all.
    You're welcome. Of course, you could buy all the parts from Warmoth and make your own preamp:D :rolleyes: