Sadowsky owners!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PICK, Feb 18, 2002.

1. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    What kind of Model of Sadowsky bass do you own, how much did you pay and does it have any special non-stock add-ons?
  2. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I own this kind:

Style: Vintage 5 string
    Finish: '59 sunburst
    Wood: Quilt Maple top on Swamp Ash
    Fingerboard: Maple
    Pickguard: Pearloid
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky humcancelling
    Serial #: 3552

I was in the market for one last year, and was periodically checking the "In stock" page on his website. This showed up on there last February, and I snagged it since it is exactly what I would have ordered. Cost me a little over $3400. 'Tis truly the bomb.
  3. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Vintage 5 in Trans White w/morado board, gold hardware, pearl pickguard and passive control... It's #3400 and I paid about $3400.00....
    Vintage PJ-5 in 59' Burst w/morado board, gold hardware, shell guard and passive control...
    It's #3689 and I paid about $3600.00....
    Both have the Hum Cancelling pickups... Are they worth it... Hell Yes... Great basses, you won't be dissapointed... Steven....
  4. This one is mine:

I paid around $3400. Vintage 5, upgraded top, single coil pups, mint green pickguard. Best choice I have ever made in an instrument. I would have saved money if I would have tried one of these sooner instead of "upgrading" my way.

This one is on the way and will be special:

It's the first bass Roger has made with a spalted top. And, it's one of the best spalted tops I have ever seen. It will be fretless with a polyester coated ebony board. I'll pay a little more for this one... ;)

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <a href="">CLICK HERE</a> & <a href="">CLICK HERE</a>

1-24 fret 5 string $3050
    Ash body
    maple neck & fretboard
    EMG 40 J's w/stock pre amp
    very basic, no special options

2-Vintage 4 trans blue $2875
    Ash body
    Maple neck & fretboard
    Sadowsky p/u's & pre amp

3-Vintage 4 Lake Placid Blue $1950 (used)
    Alder body
    maple neck & upgraded fingerboard
    (I forget if the upgrade was to Brazilian rw or morado)
    matching headstock
    if I were to buy this new, it would of cose $3300 + a 4 month wait.
  6. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    My buddy....

Style: Vintage 4 string
    Finish: Sherwood Green Metallic
    Wood: Alder
    Fingerboard: Morado
    Pickguard: Tortoise
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky humcancelling
    (w/ passive tone control option)

In-stock (no wait) $3000

7. I own this one.
    '92 Standard, bought from Wayne Strobbart of Simply Red for £1800.
    Best bass i have ever owned.
  8. Sadowsky 4 string jazz with upgraded quilted top on ash body, upgraded birdseye maple fingerboard , gold hardware, and it's in pics link below. I had the neck set deeper into the pocket and it has a Baddass bridge to accomodate this. Over $3k.

In construction is a Sadowsky PJ4 with flamed outrageous spalt maple top (Jeff, you're gonna poop when you see it) on alder, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard upgrade. Over $3k.

I have had Sadowsky make me three guitars, two with custom options but I don't think that pertains to this thread.
  9. Pics?????

Come on!

10. Let's see if this attacment works:
  11. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    WOW!!!! That should be called the Turin top! It looks like an ANGEL! Very nice, Jim.
  12. Very nice, Jim!

can't wait to see it on a bass!

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey Jim, Did you supply Roger w/the Spalted maple? If so, I took a glance of the pile of wood you gave him. You're gonna have one NICE BASS!!!!!

P.S. I put the clear pickguard on & it looks AWESOME!!!! Alot better than I thought & I originally though it was gonna look good. :p:D
  14. Thanks, Jeff.

I spoke to Roger about a spalted top and he would obtain the wood but it would take some time. I asked if I could choose the top--since I really wanted a knockout and this arguably is my last bass-- and it was his pleasure. When I lived in the northeast (NY and then Baltimore) I would have traveled to his shop. However, since I now live in FL that would be an expensive proposition.

Roger gave me the minimum dimensions he needed to work with and said that I could aquire the top on my own. That was all the 'challenge' I needed and the saliva was running down my chin. I thought it would be fun to hunt down some of the most gorgeous spalted maple I could find. Heck, I'm married and I can't hunt anything else. (And of course I wouldn't want to, right honey?)

I bought 3 tops and Fed Ex'd them to Sadowsky. He approved and away we go.
  15. G

Apr 12, 2000
    Did you guys see the sadowsky ultra vintage jazz on today? The guy was asking something like 1500! :eek:
  16. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    i have a '92 sadowsky standard 4 string that i bought new 10 years ago for i think around $2300. it has a swamp ash body with flame maple top, tabacco burst finish, hipshot, etc. i don't really have a good picture of it, but you can see me playing it here.
  17. Hey Jeff

A bit on the off topic, but when is your DP going to be done and in your hands? Looking through your pics, it looks VERY nice. I love that wood. So whats the latest?
  18. Check it out here: