Sadowsky Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Green, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Scott Green

Scott Green

Sep 16, 2001
    Just curious since I haven't yet played one, but how are the necks as far as staying put once you get your initial setup. I understand that Roger does not use any graphite reinforcement. So are the necks like the typical Fender neck as far as dead spots. Do they set up well with a low action? Any help is appreciated
  2. Hi Scott,

I have 2 Sadowskys - 1 fretted and 1 fretless. The necks are very stable. I've owned the fretted for over a year and never touched it. I just received the fretless. The necks are very straight and the action on both is as low as my Zon.

I have a friend that also has 2 that are much older (one is early 80s). He has adjusted the necks only a few times and only to tweek his setup.

There is not a dead spot on the fretboard.

Roger makes outstanding instruments - the best I've ever played. He isn't the only luthier who questions the use of graphite bars. When you know how to select great woods, the need for other support materials may not be necessary and actually may be more about insurance (or marketing) than anything else.

3. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Howdo... I've only had mine for a few months, but no problem to speak of... Great basses... Try it, you'll like em... Steven....
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The 2 vintage 4's I have I just got with in the last 2 weeks, so I realy can't say anything but so far so good. My 24 fret 5 held up great. I had the original string on it for about 6 months & I adjusted the neck one (very minor bow) & I gave it a total setup when I changed the strings about 2 months ago & the neck is still the way I like it.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nino, you are down to 2 USA Spectors and up to 3 Sadowskys? Aren't you also having another Sadowsky 5 built? Have the Sadowskys replaced the Spectors for you?

Has your wife divorced you yet?:p
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  7. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    i've had my sadowsky for close to 10 years now. i've tweaked it just a few times when i had a little fret buzz. other than that, the neck has been great and the action is unbelievable.